COMBOS - not the snacks :P

Big Tom

When I start playing I want to try out every combo there is. For you folks already playing, perhaps you could share your experiences so far with making skill combos. Which ones you like, which ones aren't worth the trouble, their ranges/radius and whether they are better for PvE or PvP situations.

According to the wiki (before it went down Friday) there are 9 Combo Fields a character can create Dark, Ethereal, Fire, Ice, Light, Lightning, Poison, Smoke and Water.

According to the wiki these are the Combo Fields that the professions can possibly create, depending on the skill/trait they use. There is also the Finisher (blast/leap etc) and each effect it gives when applied to the Combo Field. Feel free to verify these in-game and let us know if they are accurate.

ComboFields.jpg

So go through your skill selection and decide if you want a skill that creates a Combo Field and/or a Blast Finisher. Many professions can create their own Field and use their own Finisher to some degree, but the best results are when 2 or more professions team up to coordinate attacks. Certain professions have a bunch of skills that create a certain field, for example - Guardians have 10 skills that create Light Fields.

I want to test out the 2H hammer on a Guardian to see if I can create my own Light Field with the #1 attack (the Symbol), and follow it up myself with the number 2 skill which is a Blast Finisher. If it works, I can create Area Retaliation by myself (although I have no idea what the radius would be). That could mean a lot if I am being hammered by enemies - the partial damage returned could make a huge difference. Couple that with the Altruistic Healing trait (AOE boons I give to allies heal me for EACH ally healed, including myself). So the Symbol would give it's boon to my nearby companions AS WELL AS Retaliation and they should heal me. PLEASE someone try this and tell me if it works like I hope it does I have to wait until Friday to play, but I'm dying to know.

Archived