Higher level warrior gear

From the comments:

The end result of the first Beta Weekend Event in Guild Wars 2. All the gear is the best available crafted pieces, transmuted with T1 Norn Cultural Armor (6 gold for a full set at the merchant in The Great Lodge). Traits are 10 power, 10 precision, 6 toughness.

Man, someone had a lot more time than I did that weekend. : / Still, good to see the armor asthetics aren't askewing to the 'awkward' and 'just plain silly' like SOME games that take place long ago and far away. And that sword...man I hope Mesmers can use that as well.

Here's hoping Engineers get many more headgear options other than the silly flu-mask. I just hated that thing.

EDIT: One thing I noticed, after reading the youtube comments ( my unhealthy habit ) is when he makes mention of how he acquired the gold to buy this:

I got 5 gold at the very beginning from exchanging Gems for Gold. The rest I got from selling crafted armor and other green items I found. It's very hard to gain money from just doing events. Even the highest available renowned hearts (level 25) still only give about 1.5 silver as a reward. It's pretty unrealistic to get that amount of gold by level 35 when game is released, unless you spend real $ on gems and exchange for in-game gold.

...that makes me a bit worried. :(

I wonder how much he spent on gems. I know during beta you could get 2000 free gems.

But there also has to be enough gold in game and people willing to buy your gems for gold. Otherwise you could buy a lot of gems but there not be enough people in game to buy them from you... or that the market price would be horrible and not worth it.

He states he used gems to buy the transmog stuff to make the Tier gear look like that, and sold the rest for an easy 6-ish gold. I just hope the economy doesn't require people to BUY gems with real money, or that a few people who can and will shell out the money for gems don't end up messing the entire thing up by themselves with gouging / over-pricing. That's always the fine-line to walk with cash-shops and transferrable currency...

From what I've read, everything that you can get with gems you can get with earned gold. The difference is in the time taken. Gems will be for the "I need to have it now" type. I'll probably buy some just to get the extra banking slots as I'll be saving $15 a month from not playing SWTOR. But I plan on taking it slow and enjoying the story and content. I've read both novels and a lot of the wiki now.

lol. We'll probably be in this game for a long time unless something else comes along. Is there anything else in the works? Titan is probably many years away and who knows what Blizzard will do with that.

The Secret World...something about it, probably the 500 PLUS ABILITIES, that makes me just go 'yeah, I'm gonna be paying for this'. Also Mists, which I by-law have to play because 1) Pokemon, and 2) My adorable Dwarf shamaness will become an adorable Panda shamaness.

But yeah, personally speaking, other than that I want GW2 to be -IT- for me where the other game *coughswtorcough* failed.

Also, after watching this video for like the nth time, I think I might have to go warrior next beta instead of Elementalist.

Archived