Onyxia 2.0

Holyssa

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...28331&sid=1

Fair warning to our old-school Crushers (*COUGH*): you will crit thy pants upon reading this.

She has lurked in her lair and done battle with the many brave adventurers who traveled to that familiar location over the years. Now, in honor of the World of Warcraft 5-year anniversary, the dreaded brood mother Onyxia is being revamped to make a return to the forefront of Azeroth, as part of our big plans for the upcoming 3.2.2 content patch.

This permanent update to Onyxia will convert the dungeon into 10- and 25-player modes. We will be adding new items to Onyxia’s loot table that have the same model as some of the classic loot from this dungeon, like Tier 2 helms, with stats updated to match the current level of content. There will be a special new item too: a normal drake-sized 310% speed flying mount modeled after Onyxia herself called an Onyxia Broodling. We will also be updating the encounter mechanics to be more fitting for modern raiding, but we can guarantee players will get to experience the frightening horror of deep breaths once again.

Then for a limited time, after the 5-year anniversary event officially begins in November, anybody who logs in will receive an Onyxia Brood Whelpling pet.

We’re very excited to bring this classic encounter back to provide a fun new experience for both new and veteran players. Further details will be available in the near future, and we will be setting up the Public Test Realms soon to help test out this fight along with all the new content we have planned for the patch. Keep an eye on the forums for updates!

Holy feck that's cool. I foresee much QQ about L80 whelps eating people.

Cannot launch additional instances please try again later...

Yep, I saw they were updating Ony and the same thought when through my head Smed - why the heck would they do this when the instance server(s) for our battlegroup cannot handle the current load. *sigh*

I saw you posted over on the 3k+ response thread on the general forums too (I posted on Xuato).

I have been working on old world dungeon quests for a while now, the past 2 or 3 weeks I have been trying to get into one instance to finish a quest line. I normally try for about 30min or so then either log and wait for the next Winter Grasp or go do some dailies then eventually log early for the night. Nothing that I said in the forums thread was really negative, I love what Blizzard does, I just see this little problem being their undoing.

Blizzard had a blue post on the subject on 7/7/09, stating that they are in the process of upgrading servers to better deal with this problem. No date has been established and I've not seen alot of other blue posts on this subject and when it will be implemented. Being that I'm getting more and more particular on who I raid/group with and the amount of patience I have, I can see that I will be doing more battle ground's and world activities to fill my time. I have been working on several toons on less populated servers to regain a perspective on what I expect from the game. So far all I see that doing is making me more and more a hermit to the guild.

Some where the Blizzard developers and Blizzard technical staff (ie Customer Service and IT) have to get on the same page and make sure this type of thing does not occur. This is a big ship now and it takes a bit for it to move along anymore, but when it does, lets make sure it's headed in the right direction.

Anyways, nice to hear from you Huato, hope things are going well with you and your having fun with the game. Laturs!

I have been working on old world dungeon quests for a while now, the past 2 or 3 weeks I have been trying to get into one instance to finish a quest line. I normally try for about 30min or so then either log and wait for the next Winter Grasp or go do some dailies then eventually log early for the night. Nothing that I said in the forums thread was really negative, I love what Blizzard does, I just see this little problem being their undoing.

Blizzard had a blue post on the subject on 7/7/09, stating that they are in the process of upgrading servers to better deal with this problem. No date has been established and I've not seen alot of other blue posts on this subject and when it will be implemented. Being that I'm getting more and more particular on who I raid/group with and the amount of patience I have, I can see that I will be doing more battle ground's and world activities to fill my time. I have been working on several toons on less populated servers to regain a perspective on what I expect from the game. So far all I see that doing is making me more and more a hermit to the guild.

Some where the Blizzard developers and Blizzard technical staff (ie Customer Service and IT) have to get on the same page and make sure this type of thing does not occur. This is a big ship now and it takes a bit for it to move along anymore, but when it does, lets make sure it's headed in the right direction.

Anyways, nice to hear from you Huato, hope things are going well with you and your having fun with the game. Laturs!

Things are busy here now - kids getting ready to go back to school, soccer is starting up and I was drafted to coach a team full of 5 and 6 year olds! Should be fun!

Game wise, it's ok. I miss you guys and gals and the Horde side, but all my high level Horde toons are scattered now. My pally is still here on AD, Huato (now Zuato) is over on Tortheldrin to play with some real life friends when they are on, and Zuato (my old Tauren Druid) is still on Sisters of Elune. Otherwise everything is all stuck on the Alliance side of AD since another RL friend got me to re-roll during BC...and he has since quit the game. lol Ah well. I really wish I could move the BoA items over to the Horde side so I could re-roll. It would certainly make life easier to get back up to higher levels.