Retirements and promotions

Piper

I have a few big announcements to make.

First, a while ago, Uthan Elgof decided that since he's unable to be around very much, he'd like to retire from his position as Senator of War, as he is able to do according to the codex. While he is retiring from active service, he's to be treated with the same respect as always. I wanted to publicly thank Uthan for his time served as senator and as a Guardian in general, and to let you all know what is going to happen as a result of his retirement.

When Thom and I spoke with Uthan, he made a suggestion for who he thought should be next in line for his position. It was his request that Eban be his successor, and after discussing it between ourselves and other high-rankers, Thom and I have decided that this would indeed be the right course of action.

Eban is going to lead a hunt for his quest, and then he will be officially promoted to his new rank, Senator of War.

Also, Callista came to us last night with a request. She isn't able to be around very much either due to a lot of real-life things going on right now, so she asked if Greg would like to take her place as Head of State since she's so busy. Thom and I appreciate this honesty and the concern she showed for the guild, and Greg agreed to step in as she asked.

Therefore, for the moment at least, Callista will step down from her position, and Greg will be reinstated in her stead.

This is a pretty big deal as with these ranks, Eban and Greg will both have seats with voting privileges on the Council of Honor. If everything goes as planned, the ceremonies for Eban's promotion to Senator of War and Greg's reinstatement as active Head of State will be held this Saturday following the meeting at seven o'clock. I hope you'll all be in attendance for them!

(Calli, as we said, you know we'll always have something for you to do. I hope we'll see you around more frequently soon!)

Thanks Piper for the words of encouragement! And Congratulations to Greg and Eban!! Sorry I missed the ceremony, hopefully you will forgive me soon!!:D