[Request] Warrior Tips?

Darian

Hi, I'm Darian, In Ultima Online, And also part of The Honor Empire there, known as the Purple Guardians of Honor.

Last night I started my new project.

In the Argent Dawn server..

QaPla - a Tauren Warrior.

and on the second PC..

Tyllei - A Blood Elf Priest.

I can't say I know a whole heck of a lot about either of the classes.

I do have some WoW experience. Though I seem to have forgotten most of it.

In the Alliance on the Azjul-Nerub realm I had a druid that I used as a main tank in raids. Just got into Karazan.

Guild fell apart, so i quit. (If memory serves.. Druid had 22k armor 13k health 420 defense).

In any Case... I found I liked being the Meat being tenderized by the bosses. *chuckles*

Thus.. My Warrior Project.

The tips I'm looking for deal with Talent Choices, Weapon styles/choices, (What are Battle Stances?)

Dual Wield? <- thought only Rouges did that.

(The priest I'm not worried about. Once I got both to level 10 I got them together now in Ghostlands.

I give Tyllei a scooby snack and he happy to follow at my heels and shield me.) <-Benefit.. In Theory will be able to level faster.

Well, Peace..

QaPla

Hi, I'm Darian, In Ultima Online, And also part of The Honor Empire there, known as the Purple Guardians of Honor.

Last night I started my new project.

In the Argent Dawn server..

QaPla - a Tauren Warrior.

and on the second PC..

Tyllei - A Blood Elf Priest.

I can't say I know a whole heck of a lot about either of the classes.

I do have some WoW experience. Though I seem to have forgotten most of it.

In the Alliance on the Azjul-Nerub realm I had a druid that I used as a main tank in raids. Just got into Karazan.

Guild fell apart, so i quit. (If memory serves.. Druid had 22k armor 13k health 420 defense).

In any Case... I found I liked being the Meat being tenderized by the bosses. *chuckles*

Thus.. My Warrior Project.

The tips I'm looking for deal with Talent Choices, Weapon styles/choices, (What are Battle Stances?)

Dual Wield? <- thought only Rouges did that.

(The priest I'm not worried about. Once I got both to level 10 I got them together now in Ghostlands.

I give Tyllei a scooby snack and he happy to follow at my heels and shield me.) <-Benefit.. In Theory will be able to level faster.

Well, Peace..

QaPla

In terms of the general idea for each talent tree: Arms uses a single big 2-h weapon to cause pain, Fury dual wields to cause pain, and protection uses a one-hander and a shield. for leveling Arms is probably the easiest to do, as you don't need to worry so much about +hit or anything like that, especially if you have a pocket healer. All three specs can be meat shields while leveling, but once you hit endgame, the onely one that can be a meat shield without top of the line gear is the protection warrior.

Gearwise, you will be looking for Strength, attack power, and critical strike to deal damage, and defense, dodge, block, parry, strength, agility, and stamina for tanking, but for leveling, just take whatever gear appears to be an upgrade, as it won't really matter too much until you get to northrend.

Other than that, just have some fun hitting people with big weapons!

**edit

I forgot about stances, Battle stance is a balanced attack/defence stance, Defence stance is the tanking stance, and berserker stance is the attack stance. Some abilities can only be used in one or two of the stances.

Edited by Kailand

Hey there,

I have warrior tanked for about three years and watched alot of changes occur during that time to all spec's of the warrior. One of your questions is about stances, these are learned trough quests that are given while you train at your trainer. Each stance will give you access to different abilities as well as change your stats a bit to help with the stance your currently in. Although after the last expansion some of the differences have been knocked down. The best way to know how those work is to play with them as you get them. When I ground out Smed I was mainly arms, I didn't know what I was doing either, but it seemed to work well. If your looking to tank, there are alot of different spec's out there that will work well. What you need to do is find one that works well for you. Your playing style has alot to do with how your spec should be built. Once dual spec'ing comes out you may find other things you can play with to be more fun as a warrior. Depending on how it's implemented, it may be a great benefit or just a slight improvement. I have heard stories that you will still need to go and pay for it. If that would happen then most likely I would not enjoy it. In any case we have many good players in the guild that know how to play warrior in many different ways. I'm sure most of them would be happy to add their two cents. If you get to a point you need a hand with quests or instances, I have a few toons at several levels that could help.