The Guardian's Response

[OOC: In reference to this http://www.thehonorempire.org/forums/index...showtopic=12993 ]

Katherine had actually been in the city of Britain meeting with several trade partners, trying to broker a deal for new trade routes between the city of Trinsic and Britain, when the town crier started to run by in a quick haste. She impishly stuck out a foot and accidentally tripped the man, then leaned over him and asked what his hurry was.

"Haven't you heard? We have a new King!" The crier shouted with a fervent look.

Katherine helped the man up and kept a hold of his sash. "And who's that, Hmmmmmm?"

"Why, Lord Casca! He was voted to become King Pro-Tempore by the Royal Council!"

Sensing his haste, Katherine let him go and returned to her trade negotiations. Afterwards, she knew that the Guardians needed a well thought out and clear response to this obvious farce, that she was able to see through knowing all the history that she did. After she took a quick break to go and eat the last of the delicious caramel apples she'd stolen from Piper, she penned out a letter to the Emperor and Empress.

Emperor Thom and Empress Piper,

As you have no doubt become aware, there is a pretender to the throne who is about to gain access to the most powerful position in the land by falsehood at best, and treason at worst. The Royal Council does not have the power to defer a King upon us, and especially not a dead Royal Council. Lord British was never our ruler as much as he was all the peoples companion, and if this so called Lord Casca thinks that he can rule over the Guardians, he is a fool.

Since the Royal Council was all murdered other than this petty ambassador Casca, I would also think that he or at least someone who wants him there was behind the assassination to begin with. The pieces begin to fit into place when you factor in that Captain Avery, the only other person left alive who knows Casca well, vanished after the business in Wisp Dungeon and his arrest following the battle with Melissa.

We cannot sit by and allow this usurper to become King. We must make a show of force, and we must do it with all the pomp and circumstance required. I'm hereby suggesting that all active Guardians be prepared to don their Formal Uniform Attire as outlined in the Codex for whenever this fake decides to accept this premature coronation. We must be prepared to confront him about the Great Council's whereabouts, including why Lord Dupre, Lady Dawn, and Lord Nystul are not here to voice their opinions. We must also confront him about how exactly he came to be 'voted' on when the Royal Council is dead. We must furthermore ask how he thinks the Royal Council even has this power to declare King, since they are akin to our governors...overseers of small realms, not appointers of the highest position in the land. Whether or not this is approved or denied, I will be there in full dress uniform and declare my misgivings of him. I am certain that considering his haste in declaring himself King, he will waste little time accepting it. I doubt it will be any further than Saturday.

Yours,

Senator of Genesis Katherine Elle.

*A doodle of a very angry Katherine in her full formal attire adorns the seal over the letter*

[OOC: Please all guardians find your formal attire as outlined by the codex and have it ready. the coronation is likely going to be on friday evening.]

*The penmanship leaves much to be desired -- unusual for Piper, with shaky lines and inkblots here and there.*

regarding_casca.jpg

Katherine,

As I've been quite ill, I was unaware of these recent "developments." My thanks for

the timely dispatch, and I support your motion; the whole thing does seem rather

dubious, even just in passing.

I will do all I can to attend the protest, if I am able. I'll hardly be in good condition --

assuming I can come at all -- but perhaps my attendance would make some

impression, in spite of everything.

Regards,

-- Piper