Stuff

Huddig

Slot needs new members.  I think our current invitation rules are 45+ unless its a personal friend or an alt.  I know we have had problems with random invites in the past but we may need to consider it again.  I personally have not run into anyone that is guildless over 50 in quite some time.  Last night there were 9 slots on at 7pm est.  I don't know if that number ever increased or not.  Thats not even enough peeps for 2 groups.  I don't know the answer but maybe a week or a weekend of open recruitment would help increase our numbers.  I know we can always get help from other guilds but I'd like to be able to do it by ourselves.  Please let me know what ya think.

We need to try Vox again. Or the Reavers or somethin along those lines.  I've noticed we have 2 warriors now that seem to be on quite a bit. Both are around 40.  Yibi is in Dragon range now. Defeu is our only chanter now I think but she is too high anyway.  Saite and Linaboom could take a chanters place I believe.  

Is the calender still locked?  Not that it really matters.  We need to schedule guild events every night I think but even I cant keep up that pace. At least twice a week though.  A weekday and a Sat or Sun we should be doin something as a guild.  Things like Kael or Dragon or the Reavers or a try at an epic piece.  

I'm workin at getting prods for the HS key for the peeps who want em.  I've gotten Saite and Rumblebore theirs so far.  Got another this morning.  Its slow going with the prod being Lore and all.  So a Kaesora raid is in our near future.

The most loyal members are the ones that start young... I joined slot in sept. 2001, at level 1... I was a random invite, as i was 5 minutes into eq for the first time.  More members you need, but slot has always had that problem... I think one of the larger problems is the name itself... and I suggested to eldy on several occasions to perhaps change it to just Sacred Legion.  It includes everyone... and does not refer to a diety.  Events keep a guild going... I was putting on 2 per week when i could, and that took a lot out of me.  Tried for some solo time and it turned sour  :D

Dragons can't be done guild-only... there are seemingly 2 separations in the guild... 30-45 and 53-60... need to close that gap, whether it be with the 53-60's twinks or new members.  i'd shoot for 40+ on invites... not 45+... do dragons w/ friends, but just start up more events.  If you need assistance, I could probably grab a few people... Bulc will be around for you guys if needed... still level 40 now, as I have no reasons to level him w/o a guild.  I don't think I'll really ever permanently guild him... he'll just be a bounce-around tank... but i dunno.

Send a tell... you guys were my home for a total of 39 out of my 53 levels... including my most recent 4 dings.  I loved you guys... and I still do.  /cry

-Lud

One suggestion that I have is that we look at what classes that we need the most when we recruit. We need more chanters, me and Linaboom can help a chanter but we cant take the place of one. We can only mez one mob at a time, unless we stand back and click back and forth on the mobs. The mez doesnt last that long and I can only get up to two mobs mezzed at once and if they resist, it will come after me and then if the other one breaks....Dead bard.  :D

A dead bard isnt a pretty sight, poor little smurf  :D

When we recruit, one other suggestion is that we find out if the person we are recruiting is a main or alt. If they are a alt, they may not play that char very often and if it is a class that we really need...well...enough said.

Just my two cents on the subject   :D  :D

I don't think shoutin in EC "Hey want in a guild" is the answer.  But I think our younger members or alts run into peeps all the time that are guildless but don't meet the lvl cap.  I think that we should open up recruitment to anyone that is recommended or maybe even anybody that is interested for a week or so.  

Having a application for membership post on the site isnt a bad idea either.  We can also post on the Innoruuk website that we are seeking members.  I've been looking at other guild charters and it needs to be posted for anyone and everyone to see.  I liked Dawnfires charter alot.  They stated matter of fact.. They don't give items to new players. They don't PL.

I'm kinda burnt out on EQ atm.  (Plus i'm sick) :D But the level treadmill gets old.  Events do keep a guild running.  And yes Ludaan is correct that we do have a gap in levels.  I think that can be fixed though with more peeps.  I personally don't wanna ask other guilds for help unless we just want to.  I understand it is unavoidable atm though.

One of the things I am seeing (now that my work hours have changed) is that when I get on at 3:00 PM PST (weekdays) there are about 15-20 people/SLoTs on.  Within 30 minutes, it goes down to about 10, then slowly goes back up. And for the most part, those who are on and leave tend to be the higher levels in the guild.  That is based on last week and this week so far.

I assume that reflects a sumer trend, but as this is my first EQ summer, what do I know for sure?

Anyways, I see three pallys working on levelling right now (Hathar, Dwaler and Ainelwen) so although I know we need Mellee's, I have mainly been playing my Enchanter, Davain, whom I am really beginning to enjoy.  He is only Level 12 and approaching 13, and I am making him my primary focus when I play, and plan to add him to the Guild.  That way we will have a Chanter around the 40 mark hopefully in about 30 days or less.  He is currently in the EC and NRo areas, getting ready to move into Oasis or to take a crack at areas Rumble never went to  like Zorbbs Gorge, Runnyeye, and others.  Plat is not a big issue with Rumble so XP, group dynamics and play, and new spells are the main attractions for Davain.

I am working on Real Life stuff when i get home then playing EQ in evenings, so he will be an evening character.

As for recruitment, I often use WHO and search by class to see what is out there and I find VERY few chars outside of a guild who are past level 35, which was what I thought the cap was.  45 seems VERY high.

Also, as an alternate idea, how about making a transition Guild, primarily for raising up newbies and seeing who shows promise to join SLoT?  Call them the Legionnaires of Tunare or something.  The newbie guild could then help newer chars level in group and weed out the Cream for SLoT.  Make the recruits know it is meant for them to be in another Guild by level 30 or so.  This is a rough idea and I can see problems with it but I thought to share it here. It would require that SLoT members put Alts in this Guild to help it grow and develop and to winnow players out and keep the best.

Thoughts?.

Archived