Dual Specs.

Holyssa

After WotLK hits, Dual Spec'ing will be released in a future content patch, which essentially lets you swap between 2 different talent specs.

What will you pick? Let's also assume we're level 80.

Spec 1: Tankadin

5/58/8

Pretty cookie-cutter. Improved Devo Aura is usually an odd choice for us tankadins, but the extra healing and mana return will more than make up for the points missing in Benediction. I only put 1 point into Improved Judgements because it will muck with the threat rotation I've developed a rhythm for on Beta (although it's not perfect...WTB shield bash so I can practice moar).

Spec 2: Retnublet

0/8/63

Primarily for PvP's sakes, or just plain DPS fun in groups when a tank is already present. I have more DPS than healing off-spec gear, so this decision wasn't very hard to come down to, and it should prove to be fun to play around with for simply roflstomping down individual mobs. Prot can only work so much in PvP even with all the new spells - it's primary purpose there is to just tick people off rather than provide any "oomph" to the team (unless it's AV of course). Last time I spec'd full blown Ret was L45 for leveling sakes before I realized how sexy prot was, and this upcoming feature is a welcome breath of air that hopefully won't munch the wallet if implemented wisely.

I'm still waiting to see the implementation before making many judgment on how "useful" it will be, but I do plan on keeping some specs on the side for many of "me". I already have most of the talents planned out, but they're fairly obvious.

Verissi: frost and fire specs (aka "damage and...uh...damage)

Waldy: affliction and destruction (same)

Adranna: shadow and probably disc

By and large, the rest of me will not require a second talent build. Toba will always be more PvP-oriented, so I don't really need another spec. Kelani is in a similar boat, being more PvE-oriented, and Hoofie will never not be all the bear he can be :thumbsup: And I have absolutely no desire to ever be ret or prot on Jary.

I think the only other thing I might have a second spec set up for is the death knight. The most solid tanking talents somewhat hinder personal damage, utility, and PvP. He will likely have a heavier-unholy spec on the side for when I feel like mixing it up in Wintergrasp or just out questing/farming.