Build 8820 Bugs

Waldonnis

General:

• Several parts of the Storm Peaks map don't match up in certain circumstances (hard to explain, but easy to understand once you see it).
  • Using flying mounts in Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, and Grizzly Hills is still a craterfest.
  • Taunka females still use the Tauren models (with no PH tag) and the males continue to have a "Halloween mask" look to them.

Dalaran:

• Guild banks in the ground level banks still do not work. The guild bank in the Sewers continues to work, however.
  • The designations for the forge and anvil have been removed, but are still not functional.
  • Beware of the fountain well...*doom music*
  • The forge and anvils are still not functional.

Zones:

• Grizzly Hills:
    • The sapling for the quest "Vordrassil's Sapling" is still unburnable.

[*]Wintergrasp:

• Horde players are unable to create vehicles that are usable by them. Every vehicle created is Alliance-only, regardless of base control or who created them. Vehicles can be created, but the ability to use them seems to change depending on a complex set of circumstances.
    • Honour and Arena point awards are "taking turns" regardless of who captures the base. The award is basically being given to the side that opposes the current "controlling faction" of the base.
    • Lots more, but in short: Wintergrasp is bugged to hell...but in a funny way. Just by sitting in one place, I managed to get about 58k honour for doing nothing while the Alliance nuked their own base repeatedly. There was nothing we could do to stop them without access to vehicles anyway, so may as well soak the honour :sorry:
    • Honour gained from Wintergrasp PvP is being retained, but Arena points are not unless the player is level 80.

[*]Storm Peaks:

• Storm Peaks was closed again by Blizzard and is, once again, No Man's Land until further notice. Storm Peaks has been re-opened.
    • One graveyard was apparently too close to Icecrown, which is still No Man's Land. When players were sent there, they immediately got the debuff and their ghosts were ported to Vengeance Landing (long, long, LONG run back).
    • Numerous reports of an experience-gain exploit in Storm Peaks also forced the shut down of the zone until the problems could be fixed. Many achieved several levels' worth of experience in a matter of hours, from what I could tell.

Professions:

• General:
    • Many professions remain unfinished, partially broken, or unable to be completely levelled due to skill point expiry.
    • Many craftable items have no stats allocated to them other than armour values.

[*]Tailoring/Leatherworking:

• Eternium thread is still not available on all of the profession-specific suppliers. Check the generic Trade Goods vendors if you need it and can't find it otherwise.

[*]Fishing:

• Despite learning GM fishing, players are not getting skill points while fishing (reported by some, unconfirmed by me at this time). This has been fixed and players are gaining fishing skill now.

[*]First Aid:

• The Dense Frostweave Bandage book remains unlearnable and taunts me.

[*]Cooking:

• The recipe for Succulent Orca Stew still teaches Big Bear Steak (talk about opposites). This bug has been long-standing, but I kept forgetting to note it.
    • Grand Master trainers still have nothing to teach (including the grand mastery itself in some cases).

[*]Alchemy:

• I haven't seen an alchemy lab in Dalaran yet, nor any indication of a future one. This may be intentional, but I doubt it.

[*]Engineering:

• Reinforced Froststeel Tubes are grey when first learned, but continue to give skill points when crafted.
    • Global Thermal Sapper Charges can be learned and made by Gnomish engineers, but require Goblin engineering to use them. (still a great recipe to use for skill points, though)

Achievements:

• Despite the zone being available now, the Storm Peaks exploration achievement is NYI. Storm Peaks is closed again, so the former point is no longer valid.

Classes:

• Death Knight:
    • Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade continues to be a spell instead of a mount and the item remains in inventory.
    • Many death knights appear to glow green. This may be a bug or intentional (no one knows), but the glow is tied to the Bloodworms talent.
    • Blood Strike currently does more damage than Heart Strike, both in practice and according to the tooltip. Ghostcrawler posted "I'm crying inside" when realising what happened.

[*]Paladin:

• Judgments appear to be doing no damage and are generally broken (reported by many in various channels in beta, but I cannot confirm myself).

[*]Shaman:

• Weapon buffs do not work on all weapons. Kalea noticed that one of her new blue-quality maces prevented the weapon buff to function, but her old weapons were fine.

[*]Warlock:

• The affliction talent "Eradication" is sending up the Bat Signal...literally. Players with points invested in the talent appear to have a shadowy bat over their head constantly (which admittedly looks hilarious).

[*]Mage:

• Rank 11 Conjure Water continues to conjure Rank 9 water.
    • Rank 10 Conjure Water continues to conjure Rank 9 water.
    • Rank 9 Conjure Food continues to conjure Rank 8 food.
    • Rank 2 Ice Lance does not benefit from Shatter. Rank 1 does, however. I still need to test Rank 3, but just got it today.

Edited by Waldonnis

Many professions remain unfinished, partially broken, or unable to be completely levelled due to skill point expiry.

If they broke JC again, I won't eat a baby...I'll eat a damn nursery.

Judgments appear to be doing no damage and are generally broken (reported by many in various channels in beta, but I cannot confirm myself).

I'll have to dink around on Beta a bit before ZA tonight...unless one of our other Beta pallies can test this before me >.>

Many death knights appear to glow green for no reason. Initial thoughts point to a talent or combination of talents in the Blood tree.

Hulk Smash!

Beware of the fountain...*doom music*

Let me guess - more pitfalls?

*looks at her small hip flask of water from said fountain*

...I suddenly don't feel so well.

If they broke JC again, I won't eat a baby...I'll eat a damn nursery.

It was just a general comment that I should've added before to answer the "there's nothing new for me to learn...wtf?" shock question. Tailoring and first aid are good examples of partially-finished/broken professions, since neither can be capped at this time due to skill-up gaps.

I'll have to dink around on Beta a bit before ZA tonight...unless one of our other Beta pallies can test this before me >.>

From what I've been seeing in the channels, most paladins have been playing for about 20mins, half of which is spent complaining about the judgments not working...so unless someone's feeling "warrior-y", I doubt you'll get much testing :dancing_smile:

Beware of the fountain...*doom music*

Let me guess - more pitfalls?

*looks at her small hip flask of water from said fountain*

...I suddenly don't feel so well.

This was an error on my part. It's the well that...has problems. And no, Little Timmy didn't fall down there, but quite a few others did. Lassie tried to warn them :)

From what I've been seeing in the channels, most paladins have been playing for about 20mins, half of which is spent complaining about the judgments not working...so unless someone's feeling "warrior-y", I doubt you'll get much testing

RAWRSAUCE! I still have Heroic Strike Shield of the Righteous!

*makes a mental note to build a Block Value set*