Oil and Water

Kurt

The White Wyrm hunt i was on made me come to a conclusion, those that are trained in the melee arts shouldnt be trying to help down the beast, maybe to ressurect and heal.... but nothing else.

It also seems that we are all focusing on the Ancient Wyrm heart... though there are other parts needed for the remedy, mind you. The Ancient Lich soul is also needed. So we must find out from Borg or others who know how to acquire this soul must be Questioned on how, and then to it. I propose to Take a group to get the Soul of warriors while another works on the Ancient Wyrm heart as they have continued... It just seems a bit idiotic to bring a warriors to help down a creature that will simply swat the foe away like a knat?

Kurt.  Using the Line of honor and cross healing a wyrm is nothing for one with melee skills to drop.  Perhaps this is where the legion should focus some time, to learn the use of the line of honor which I have yet to see in action by many new to the guild.  Also to keep in mind the ancient liche which you speak of is a far greater foe than a white wyrm, perhaps even an ancient wyrm (at least on the same level as one).  This too can be taken out with melee tactics but only those versed in using the line of honor with his/her other gladiators dragoons and such.  Perhaps now would be a good time to mention a few manuals written by wolf, scout and me.  They include formations as well as some key roles that must be played in successful campaigns.

Hopefully soon the Decurion will return to assist in the training of the tactics, but until then perhaps some of the older and more skilled veterans of the guild can assist in teaching the newer members.  Again please read these manuals as it will help when someone steps forward to help in instruction.

I assure you these foes you speak of can most certainly be dropped with melee alone, I've been there to see it done.  It just takes teamwork.  This same teamwork will be vital for those seeking the new scrolls of power which are rumored to soon be found in the lands.

Yes, a White Wyrm can be felled by a group of warriors, with a fair ammount of ease no less.  The Anchient Lich is VERY tuff with warriors, but a set of warriors that are VERY comfortable with each others healing abilities, and able to withstand at least one Flame Strike can do so.  On the subject of an anchient Wyrm, now THAT is tuff for a melee unit, no matter how well trained.  There are several key factors involved, and two key skills.  You will have several warriors die to the sheer dumb luck of taking a fireball and a swat at once.  Plain and simple, there is no living through this unless you get lucky and he only hits you with a love tap.  The method that works best when meleeing an AW is to "Joust" it.  FOr those of you not familiar with this concept, it is a method of taking down a monster that is FAR too strong to be delt with sitting still.  (AW being a perfect example)  You simply each run past the monster at the same time, take a swing, then heal each other.  This will typicly avoid the creature being able to take you out easily, and allow for you to take it down FAIRLY quickly.  Welp, just my imput on the three beasties were discussin, hope its of some help.

• 3 weeks later...

aye......seems Kurt/BB and Lora have combined here on this thread to almost detail a bit of the secret to success.

Ancient Wyrm.............bested by Range and Mage power

Ancient Liche Soul.......bested by Melee and Beast power

all 4 major powers of Legion.