The Ancient Cyclops

Hey everyone!

I know several people have expressed their interest in killing the AC so they can get JBoots.  So I figured why don't we try to work something out where we can all go and hang out together and help out in killing the AC.

The best zone to kill him in is probably OoT.  Mostly because he is a static spawn there, and we won't need to bother a tracker.  He spawns on the island marked #8 on the eqatlas map.

So if you are interested in helping out leave a post here and we can work out time that are good for everyone.  I'm ready to start camping this guy whenever, so you can count on a CH able Cleric to be there ???

If I can find a tank that is willing to do this with me we can start whenever.

I tend to sign on at 3:30pm EST and can stay on until about 9:00pm EST during the week.  Over the weekend, and Friday night, I have a much longer play time available to me.

So if you are interested in doing this let me know!

One other thing, from what I've heard people around level 40ish should still be getting exp from the PHs for the AC so we can also get some exp while we wait :p

Yibi

I too am beginning to look towards these boots for myself.

And this sounds like a camp I can relax at.  Just working a poor little cyclops?  No Prob.  

Unfortunately, the earliest I can get on weekdays will be 3 pm PST, 6 PM your time.  This week I will look for you online and see what is up.

NEXT week is a vacation week, but I have plans for most AM's and keep the afternoons and eve's open.

Hope to see you soon.

I'm interested in getting these for a twink. ??? So i'd come tank for you once school clears up.  Unfortunately, the tank will need to be 40ish cause of the fact that the clops PH and clops itself is higher level than the one in Sro and it hits kinda hard... I don't think I could plain tank him at level 53... would invovle some snare/root/nuke/dot ranger kiting I think... not sure though, been 14 levels since I was there.

Ive been interested in it for a while, and after expressing interests and noone biting my hook ill be happy to tag onto this group since people are talking now lol, as long as people promise to stick around id be willin to take last ring drop as well :o)

we generally have enough people online at any given time to rule this camp in oot once we get it.  up to you guys if you want to do it... we'd need massive guild support... and the boots will just be mq'd to those that need em and deserve em if we do it that way... otherwise yibi and i'll just try and do it for a few hours a day i guess. should be back online sometime tomorrow... most important thing i have to do is clean my desk and I can do that while playing ;)

Well with anyone who can snare and myself we can always try for some fear kiting, cause I have all those nifty Fear spells that just collect dust in my book ;)

But if we do manage to get a couple tanks then I can just sit and CH while everyone else beats the crap out of the guys.

And yes there is the fun root/nuke combo (I can't use my fantastic damage/time efficient DoTs cause he is not Undead).  Though I do have root and nukes.  And mana free root w/10 damage in my necklace, and that is fun to spam :)

So we do have a couple options open to us depending on the number of people that can make it.

I will be on today from about 3:30pm EST til about 9pm if anyone is interested in trying this today.

On Friday I'll be able to stay much later so if tonight doesn't work out we can do tomorrow.

Any weekday from about 12:30 on up and some weekend days i can be found to help out, i want these boots like mad lol, With Me, Ludaan and You we'd have no problems with him..got the short stuff taken a beating, You to keep me alive and ludaan casting away like mad :o) let me know..

:angry: as of about 3pm est time SLoT owns ac camp.. please anyone if you are interested in helping people acheive thier jboots, or if you want a pair yourself, please please keep comen to oot so we can hopefully keep this camp in SLoTs ownership for a while.i got einhander and lerasu to come join me there and luckily we got the camp withen a half hour or so.. still waitn on spawn.. Come join us! :D

Will try to rush home and get overthere ASAP.

I will have to jump ship from BB wont I?  At least that seems to be what the map indicates.

See you later (I hope).

:angry:  <--- budakai lol  :D  ok back onto topic, just got my ring of the ancients, only took 2 hours of camping, Yibi is next up, please come on over people have some fun with us!  :)      

<--- picture of Tare (cant see nothing because the tint of his skin blinded the camera)    :D

Well I stayed up as late as I possibly could last night, and the AC still stood me up :(

I hope you guys that were able to stay killed him lots of times and made him pay for disobeying me!

I'll be on today again, but this time I'll be able to stay much later :)

So when I get on if we have lost the camp, we can always group in OoT and beat on the mobs there while we wait for the camp.

But until then I'll just dream that when I log on it will be an empty camp with an AC there waiting for me  :laugh:

:) I wish he would have poped more, i guess i got lucky with that roll. Ahwell theres a nice number of people camped near the camp so im sure we will take it over once more, you will get your ring  :) Surprised and very happy at all the people who showed up to help,  :D  hope we can all get rings. as for the ac.... :(  :eye:  :sword:  :laugh: <--all there is to it

To any who can participate -

If you happen to get the ring, please go and get your boots.

Then, if you wish to, you can come back and camp to get another ring for those of us who are putting in time but not getting a spawn and also who cannot be online as long as you can.

Any help is appreciated.

And I think Yibi should still get first dibs on any ring that drops!

Rumble that sounds like a good idea.  That way if there are just a couple people there holding the camp and they all happen to already have the boots they can loot the ring and MQ the boots with someone else :laugh:

I plan on spending most of today working on killing the AC, just hope we have the camp when I get home today!

And yes, Yibi should have dibs on the next ring that drops! (but I am biased on this  :smilewinkgrin: )

i also think yibs should have first dibs because she has put in the longest time, her and buda. im sorry i had to leave, you guys had it under control so im tryin for Xp so i can go to Hate, BUT if im needed i will be there in a heartbeat. Goodluck with spawn ;)

Yibi -99, AC 999999999999999999999999999

lol after 4 days I still don't have my ring yet :)

I spent yesterday Fear Kiting the AC place holders cause no matter where I hid they still managed to find me.  And then after 1000000 castings of Atone they finally decided to leave me alone  ???

Oh and I also got to see that Merchant in the tower OWN one Cyclops after I had Atoned him.  It was quite funny, considering she is green to me and I couldn't kill one of those Cyclops if my life depended on it (hence the fear kiting and atone!)

I'm still camped out on his island so I'll keep logging Yibi on to check the camp out :)

I do have Thursday and Friday off cause of the 4th!!  So if getting the ring is a no go early this week I have those days off to camp more.

If I don't get the ring soon I'm going to give up on it for now so I can go back to getting EXP.  Need to get 5 more levels before the raid :)  Don't know if I can get those levels but I'll try!

I haven't given up on killing the AC yet :D

Just trying to level some before the Hate raid.  I spent way too much time camping the AC when I should have been getting exp  :D

So once I get to planar level expect me to try and camp this guy again.  The break from camping him has been nice, not to mention good of my sanity  :D  But sometime soon I will return to OoT to attempt to try and get my ring!

So expect me to be asking for some help on this in the next week or so!

I'm 2 yellows away from 45 as of last night so I'm pretty sure that I will be able to hit 45 tonight, and then get 46 over the weekend.  Then its time for more uber timesink in OoT.  Then I need to start working on my other timesink, the Shalws, again!  Still need Snow Griffin Eggs to finish up the 3rd shawl.  lol I've had the items for the 4th shawl completed before I even started to make the food for the third one!  So I'll be able to complete both of those in the same day if I can just get those evil eggs.

Still cannot get HTML links to work on the new board....  Anyone know how to make them work?  :D

Archived