Suled Dar's Shade

Altarial

Suled Dar's Shade

Where: Skyfire Mountains. We'll be moving together to the raid camp location (there will be other pre-spawn set up locations as well, but for individual people, not the entire raid force).

Why: This mob drops a part of the New Key to Veeshan's Peak.

How: There is a bit of work to set this one up. First thing is that to spawn the event, I must talk to Dry Sapara, who is outside the zone to VP. When I'm done talking to him, we need 4 people to click on 4 different orbs at the same time. These orbs are at -2165, -3550; -3275, +2765; +3015, -3335; +2360, +2970 (top of Veeshan's Peak). When these 4 orbs are clicked, the big nasty spawns near the lava at +830, -170 .

Suled Dar's Shade casts these AEs:

Infinite Mass - AE Radius 400, NPC Hatelist, Resist: Prismatic (-200), Recast Time: 48 seconds, can't be interrupted

Description:

1: Increase Curse Counter by 24
    2: Decrease Movement by 65%
    3: Decrease Mana by 200 per tick

Shock Breath - AE Radius 400, PB AE, Resist: Magic (-300), Recast time: 24 seconds, can't be interrupted

Description:

1: Decrease Hitpoints by 2000
    2: Cancel Magic(9)
    3: Cancel Magic(9)
    4: Cancel Magic(9)
    5: Cancel Magic(9)

High resists will be key for this raid, as will JUNK BUFFS!! Call me crazy, but does anyone else miss the old days of raiding when junk buffs were always a requirement? So, bring out those clickies you've been hiding away in your bank with you. I can see how these AEs would eat right through us, otherwise. Remove Greater Curse will take 3 casts to cure this curse, so AA cures and PoR heals will be key to this, unless we have a bard available to sing resists. Activating Infusion will be a must!

This mob is a belly caster, which means that you gotta get under it to cast spells. His hits are approx. 2400 max (not bad!). He does AE Rampage, though. I'd like the standard healing for the MT (2 clerics on 3 sec cheal rotation with a 3rd on PE/spot heals for the MT), plus a healer in each group if possible to keep DPS alive. We'll need pallies and everyone else to be casting group heals, as well. Save MGBs for heals if you got em. We'll come up with a MGB heal rotation in the ETheal channel. For you casters, he is immune to fire spells, so use your magic ones! He is slowable, also.

This is the gist of the raid. We'll need 1-2 MT (Suled Dar's Shade has a tendency to toss tanks across the zone, so unless we have a mage, it would be nice to have back-up tanks), 4-5 clerics, lots of pallies & others for group heals, and LOTS OF DPS!!!!

Loot: After this dragon dies, 8 chests will spawn containing 6 Brood Dragon Blood.

Archived