Efreeti Death Visage & Paza's Cursed Remains

Altarial

Efreeti Death Visage & Paza's Cursed Remains

Rewards:

Quest Items:

Related Creatures:

You may do this quest once you have completed Noble Sivrn's task arc (ending with "Broken Lines").

Hail Noble Sivrn again.

You say, 'Hail, Noble Sivrn'

Noble Sivrn says 'Forgive me, I seem to have forgotten my promise to honor you with a token of respect for your ability to solve the puzzles that have confounded the most intelligent amongst us... Take this mask. It may seem common to the mortal eye, but for the efreeti, each mask reveals the soul of the being from whom it was created.'

Receive Platinum Efreeti Mask.

Now you will need a set of Platinum Efreeti armor, which drops off efreeti NPCs in both the static and instanced Jewel of Atiiki zones.

Once you have done so, see Noble Phren who is located right beside Sivrn in the Nobles' tower.

You say, 'Hail, Noble Phren'

Noble Phren looks at you curiously, 'Is that Platinum Efreeti [armor] that you are carrying there with you?'

You say, 'It is Platinum Efreeti armor'

Noble Phren says 'It may interest you to learn that Efreeti are not all equal in intellect. That armor you carry is a type of identifier that allows the more simple of my kind to identify one another... Although the armor you carry seems to bear odd markings, would you mind if I examined it more closely?'

Give him the Breastplate:

Noble Phren touches the strange symbols and reads, 'Azia looks to the west, and sees Izah in the far distance.'

Give him the Greaves:

Noble Phren says 'The inscription on this piece reads, 'From his corner, Kala opposes Geza in his corner.''

Give him the Vambraces:

Noble Phren tilts the armor to view it in better light, 'Caza is surrounded by seven mutual allies, and one mutual enemy directly North, while Ozah is surrounded by enemies on all sides and corners.'

Give him the Gauntlets:

Noble Phren says 'Odd, there is an inscription on this piece... 'Lena avoids the board perimeter while Jaka does not, and the Northeast remains vacant.''

Give him the Bracer:

Noble Phren reads quietly as he studies the armor, 'Meda stands neither in the East or the West, Heda stands neither in the North or the South.'

Give him the Boots:

Noble Phren says 'It seems as though someone has scribed these words into the armor itself, 'As Ena faces from North to West to South, he sees Lena, Neza, and Beza.''

Give him the Helm:

Noble Phren says 'This armor mentions our missing brother, Paza, how strange as he is believed to be dead... 'Geza stands directly East of Jaka, while Fana stands watch, awaiting the return of Paza.''

Give him the Mask:

Noble Phren studies the mask for a moment, 'The wisdom of Ateleka guides those who seek knowledge.'

Get a Token of Order (random Atiiki drop), equip ALL the pieces of armor including the mask, and go play a game of order from Mahatototarit. Disregard his text about the normal game setting and play it out according to what Phren had to say about each inscription. When you have reached the proper order, go to Mahatototarit and say, "Done."

Mahatototarit says 'A very interesting configuration, you have not exactly solved the puzzle, but you have managed to unlock a pattern that summons our lost Paza from the realm of the dead...'

Paza spawns by the game board. Hail him.

You say, 'Hail, Paza'

Paza blinks for a moment as he studies you, 'Brother, my time is short, I have done as Xanxionusus commanded... I return from the other side with this message, D`nik Belm J`cof Ghap... Etch those words into your memory, and repeat them to Xanxionusus... Aaarrraaaaahhhh... I feel the pull of the other side once again, I beg you, take my mask so that my soul is released from this torment before I am drawn over once again...'

You receive the Efreeti Death Visage mask on your cursor.

Necromancers take note. If you repeat Paza's phrase to Xanxionusus, you will see:

You say, 'D`nik Belm J`cof Ghap'

Xanxionusus peers at you intently for a moment, then looks away and begins to whisper quietly in a strange voice, 'Paza has upheld the bargin, the recompense is granted as agreed... D`nik Belm J`cof Ghap!' the words fade as Xanxionusus fixes his gaze on you, 'I sense the darkness of your soul... These bones are no longer of any use to me; take them as compensation for your assistance in this matter... Leave quickly, and speak of this to no one.'

..and receive Paza's Cursed Remains

If you repeat Paza's phrase to Xanxionusus as a non-necromancer, you will see this:

Xanxionusus peers at you intently for a moment, then looks away and begins to whisper quietly in a strange voice, "Paza has upheld the bargain, the recompense is granted as agreed... D`nik Belm J`cof Ghap!" the words fade as Xanxionusus fixes his gaze on you, "Although I am sure you acted out of ignorance, your assistance was useful... It would be best if you left now, I have many thoughts upon which to contemplate."

Archived