Bluetooth Headset for cell phone

Balandar

So, what's a good headset?

I was looking at the Plantronics 510, but it runs around $50 shipped +- a few dollars. I have the LG VX8300 phone. If I can find something around the $30 range that would be best, as this would be a gift for a friend and myself (we both have the same phone, heh).

Chad, talk to me. I'm going down to the CES convention in vegas in January (that's the end all and be all electronics show) not open to the public. I have a colleague that I am branching out into the electronics business with. So let me know what you specifically want as far as capability and I can hook you up

D.

Actually that Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth HS looks decent. So something similar along those lines.

From what I've read, the Plantronics 320 has problems in windy conditions... but it is priced very well. Around $35. I do not want to spend a lot for a HS. Money is tight, and my friend's cash supply is limited as well. The 510 is around $45.

But, if you can get awesome deals, then a high quality one that doesn’t flake out, has good sound, good reception, etc… would be great.

Also some other cool features: some can beep and notify you when you are leaving the range of your phone, that would be helpful if I left my cell on my desk (so I wouldn’t forget it and leave it at work). Another feature is the vibrating headset when it has an incoming call.

The ability to easily press the buttons to answer a call is handy. Some are hard to press, or have tiny buttons, etc. The 320 has only one button that is used for all of the functions. You basically have to press and hold it for a certain length of time to access a certain feature. I would find that ridiculous, which is why I am leaning more towards the 510.

It doesn’t have to be a plantronics brand. Those just happen to have decent reviews on newegg, cnet, and amazon.com.

Also, as this would be for Christmas, time is running out. And it depends on if my friend wants to get one or not. If she doesn't, then I'll probably end up buying one for myself in any case, since I really want one! heh :)

Plantronics 510. Thats the way to go, freind of mine bought 3 at once, didnt like any of them, tried at least 7 types and the Plantronics510 is it!!!

for what it is worth....

personal I dislike bluetooth...I would rather just have it wired. Incase of bluetooth: see a dentist ASAP!!

Edited by Mareak

Lol.

I do have a wired headset/mp3 type ear phones. But it can be a pain to have that in a car, or the seatbelt yanking them off your head when you forgot the belt was underneath the wires. Or trying to walk away from your desk and forgetting the phone is not in your pocket until you hear it hit the floor from being yanked by the wires.. lol.