In-game video recorder

Nadjha

Could anyone tell me which in game video creating program I can download to use in making WoW videos? I am seeking one that is free andeasy to use.

thanks!!

;)

Edited by g4m3r_g3rl

http://www.fraps.com/

and

http://www.planetgamecam.com/

Both have free "demo" versions.

Free version of Fraps is pretty much the same as the registered version except it will only allow you to record 30 sec clips. But you can record multiple 30 sec clips.

GameCam's Free version doesn't allow you to record sound, all other features are pretty much the same, but has no recording time limits.

As far as the products themselves. Fraps is the most popular by far.

Fraps captures tend to be much higher quality because it captures the raw video/audio. The downside is the files can be huge depending on how long you record, whether or not you re-encode it later, etc.

Price: $37 for Registered version

GameCam files are usually much smaller out of the box because it encodes/compresses the video as it records it. There is no "raw" capture option available with GameCam unfortunately This means you lose some quality right out of the box because of the compression process, but it saves you the trouble of compressing/re-encoding it later if that's something you were planning on doing anyway.

Price: $24.95 for the Registered version or $9.95 for the "Lite" version which is just a few less bells and whistles than the regular version.

--Ghules