Dead or Alive?

Tanig

Just about what the title says.  Are we dead or alive.  I see alot of new names, but the old ones are petering out. Seems like some direction and motivation has been lost.  Please make me feel like I'm wrong.

Guest Hothgorn

Well, yes at the moment we have been directionless.  Borg and Balandar haven't left as far as i know.  They would be kind enough to tell us if they did.  So far many of the new names are just older players playing new characters.  We do have some fresh blood, which is good.  As for direction, I am at a loss.  I'm afraid that giving direction would be like herding cats.  The VV does give everyone some support for finding something to do, but it still tends to remain up to the individual.  It is not though, as if the missing aren't watching....i'm sure they check up on the boards and such.  

We will, have to do some clean up and replace missing elders and such when borg comes back.  Until then, we may have to be static.

---Hoth---

Next semester starts tomorrow for me, so my time will be limited. I check the boards and my email accounts daily.

What have I been doing the last two weeks?

Buying books, visiting with family, watching LOTR, setting up an oracle database (need it for college next semester), and setting up a website for one of my classes next semester (just did that today).

I must say I am rather dissapointed in what I see on these boards.  Borg is the Emperor and founder of our guild.  Balandar is his right hand man, the Ancient.  Borg has set up every online gaming guild the same, with someone similar to our Elders.  The Elders are the leaders of our guild, Borg is the facilitator.  

Elders please step forward and let yourself be seen.  Perhaps the majority of the guild does not know your authority(the elders).  Your power is absolute when running the guild.  You are the leaders of the guild.  

Now it goes both ways.  Those that are in the guild must voice their opinions to the Elders so they know the general consensus of the Empire.  Do not simply say the Elders do not lead.  DAoC is still new and we must have time for our guild to find a niche.  

I have been in contact with Borg, and he tells me his work schedule is very hectic, thus not allowing him to enter the game.  I will call Borg and ask him to post a message on the boards if at least to say hello.

Martok,

Please describe the hierarchy a bit more, I am unsure of where I stand or what is expected of me.  Also who are our Elders, the list seems out of date a bit.  

I admit I haven't been around alot lately, but thats because the guild I came from is essentially the only people in VV that seem to play with much regularity as their primary characters.  Those who play regulary at levels 35+ number about 4.  I understand RL issues,  I have them too, just kinda letting everyone know how I'm feeling.

Thanks,

Tanig

Guest Hothgorn

Well, as far as i know the only elders left are Torix, Halla, and I.  I am sorry if I've forgotten anyone.    I wouldn't mind if Borg made another elder, perhaps a troll to replace Iolo.

--hoth

Guest Hothgorn

Um....balandar.  I'm having a problem logging on.  Cookies on, firewall off.....I log on and it accepts.  Then when i try to do anything, It tells me I haven't logged on.  I've even tried a new account, any Ideas?

---Hothgorn

Archived