Ossirian War Party

Crikrunner

on sunday the 12th should we kill Moam by 1030 we'll push on to Ossirian, if not I'll be forming a warparty on tuesday night at 10pm to bring him down. Preparing for dis I need the following:

I can only take 2 warriors, and 1 rogue till we learn how to clomp him. Melee is punished on this fight so ideally you only want 2 warriors on him, everyone else range dps's , however i dont want a rogue drop to get de'd so i will bring 1 rogue till were guud at clump'n em. Relikk,Lomar, Zalkul, Smedlock, Bradius we'll figure which 2 of you to bring hoping the other 3 have 60 alts other than rogues. We'll figure out a fair rotation. Rhoach you're top rogue so you get dibs on being the rogue first weeks then we'll switch off, or if you sneaky ones want to set up a rotation that would be great. Ideally i would like the 20 members to look like: ((while were learning the fight, then i think we can bring any combo in))

2 warriors 1 rogue 3 priests 3 druids 3 shaman 3 hunters 2 warlocks 3 mages

warriors in best dmg mitigation gear

healers all in best healing/spirit mana/5 gear

(( mages bring a nature/shadow wand, warlocks a nature/arcane/frost ))

everyone else in best dps gear

EVERYONE must have a threat meter this is the 2nd key to this fight.

The main key is keeping Ossirian moving to the next crystal at all times. Warriors are the key to this fight, usually you tank a mob in place this fight you run the entire fight, you only hold still for limited amounts of time, this keeps the warriors from building up very much aggro, hence the damage meters for the dps (note healers you will be dpsing if you have room on the meter to do so with out over aggroing while healing still). No abilities that add extra aggro are to be used by anyone other than warriors((ie earth shock, warlocks fire spell). Soul Stones will be on each warrior and they will be fighting for aggro the entire fight. One of Ossirian's abilities is a 9 second stun on the top of the aggro list, so one warrior will get stunned for 9 seconds we continue on with the 2nd warrior tanking him. Healers will be split into 2 teams and assigned to each warrior, you are not to cast a heal on anyone other than that warrior, also you need to work out a rotation to conserve mana as best you can, should we have extra healing then we will be healing the rogue and dps a little more.

How the fight works: Ossirian hits for 10,000 - 20, 000 dmg normally, this is instant death for anyone. Place around the fight zone are large crystals they zap Ossirian and debuff him to a normal boss (( he still hits like Roh hard and fast ((800 or more even on well geared tank)) so healers keep you tank a little more toped off than usual. We pull Ossirian to the first crystal, AFTER it zaps him tanks engage him, get 1 sunder up each then run to the next crystal . (( the sunder allows the healers to keep you alive with out over aggroing enroute to crystal 2 )) Each crystal debuff lasts 45 seconds so you imediatly move Ossirian to the next crystal after you use your current one. Then you wait till 5 seconds remain on the debuff and use your current crystal. As soon as it is used you run like mad to the next crystal. After the 3rd crystal you start dps, watch the meter use aggro removing abilities!!!. Please note we only hold still for a few seconds at a crystal to maximize debuff times, so you will be movign alot to keep ossirian in range, you may find instant cast spells are you friend on this fight. Ossirian takes 1/2 dmg from all spells, but the crystals make him take double dmg to one school of magic. So you use a wand of the vulnerable type if you cant cast spell of that school, other wise let him have it but watch the threat meter!!! Shaman , Druid, Priest if you have room on the threat meter to dps some and mana to keep the tanks alive do it other wise just heal. So this leaves only our hunters,mages,loks to bring ossirian down. You must not over aggro, if you die healers will run out of mana before we can dps him down! Our rogue you will be dpsing then running out healing yourself, shooting bow till bandaid timer wears off, dpsing run out ect. during the fight ossirian has a nasty 1500 dmg stomp he uses all the time so it can crit for 2250 and knocks back. This is why you bring as few melee as possible. there are other stategies for what to do with extra melee but til we learn the fight i want to bring all the ranged dps / healers we can. Really looking forward to taking this old god down!!!

For further reading i suggest

this

and this

Forgot to mention tanks if you can get decent nature resist with out much loss of tanking, bring it you can resist the stomp and stun possibly. Rogue's we'll using use as the scout for the first few tries, but if any of you has over 150 nr, we'll let you start dpsing and see how it goes.