BWL - The first visit

Waldonnis

EXCELLENT work in BWL. Again, I apologise for the very lengthy talking session, but as you could see, there was a ton that needed to be explained (and I still have more to pass along). I've known raids that go for weeks without getting as far as we did on that fight and am quite proud (16 eggs popped on the second attempt ever!). Looking around at one point at the corner groups, folks were starting to find the good spots to stand and what the different mob types looked like on the second attempt, which is great!

I'll be chatting with the leads about some of the finer details of the fight that there just wasn't enough time to cover tonight. In all, with a bit more familiarity, I'm much more confident that Razorgore will fall more quickly than I had planned. Key thing for the raid to know that I didn't explain well is exactly what Odenn said in another post: the sole goal of the corner groups and kiting trains is to keep enough of us alive while the eggs are being popped to kill Razorgore after that phase ends. We kill the mages because their AoE *hurts* and kite the melee mobs (dragonkin and legionnaires) because, frankly, they hit quite hard and don't do ranged attacks....ideal candidates for kiting :)

I did receive a number of tells after the raid asking some excellent questions about the fight and how we're approaching it...keep those coming! The more informed we all are about the fight, the better, and it's much easier to field questions when I'm not in BWL with everyone than it is otherwise.