Latest BC talent changes

Scryll

WoW Forums

Note in particular the new talent in the rogue combat tree which gives our successful off-hand attacks a 20 percent chance to generate energy, and the new mage arcane talent increasing their critical strike damage on all spells by 25/50%. I am half-expecting that latter to get a bit nerfed.

I am half-expecting that latter to get a bit nerfed.

While I don't disagree that it will likely be adjusted, bear in mind that we not only have no clue what types of encounters we'll face in BC (that may required that kind of firepower...which incidentally WILL kill us quicker than it will kill them in PvE), but that the talent is pretty deep in the arcane tree, meaning that PvP mages will have to make some very tough choices about which damage-increase talents to take.

So far, I see TONS of conjecture on what should/will be nerfed, all based upon the game model that we play today. The interviews that I've seen with folks from Blizzard have said, while there won't be a fundamental shift, there will be some totally unfamiliar experiences to be had (more than just a change of mob skins over the same "AI"). If they were just raising the level cap while doing nothing new otherwise, I'd say it would all be in line for a nerf (every class has at least one talent/ability in BC that appears to be overpowered in its own way)....but we have yet to see what's to come and why any of the new stuff would be any more beneficial than keeping the cap at 60 or just giving us another few rank bumps in spells/abilities....