SoD forums broken

Grimgor

An update.

I have decided to leave my broken forums up as is for the time being. I have a post out on the phpbb.com forums so I want people to be able to see what I am talking about. Sorry for the confusion. Things look right, but you can't currently make posts or make a new account. It's really screwy.

If I absolutely have to, I'll copy every single post and user to text files, wipe the db to a fresh one, then insert the posts manually after creating the user accounts myself, so that the posts go back to their owners... and then tell everyone they've got new accounts and to change their passwords.

But that'll take some time. We'll see what happens from the phpbb community.

Chris aka "Grimgor"

Fixed.

I. DON'T. LOSE. TO COMPUTERS!

After spending almost every waking hour on this problem (yes, even at work... have gotten next to nothing done there this past week, that's how hard I've been at work on this) over the past week. No one out there anywhere, not even the support forums for phpbb, was able to help me. I figured it out on my own, and then had to do a lot of ugly stuff to get it back.

I don't think there's words for the relief I feel, both mentally and physically, over this. It was keeping me up, torturing me.

Edited by Grimgor