Guild Issues

Borg

In the DAoC Engine are improvments from previous game engine failures.....UO and EQ in particular.

The improvments are reactions to public dissatisfaction of some parts of the games that gave players stress or aggrivation and allowed antisocials opportunity to exploit honest fun seeking players. :D

DAoC autosplits loot......call it murphy if you wish....eventually everyone in a group will get a drop item....you will not get duplicates....if so very rarely before someone who has not recieved the item.

Experience gained in groups promotes powerleveling but still it is easier for the healers to be the vehicle to do such.....if you are low....DO NOT FEEL down, negative or 'worthless' in a group that is well above your level....your time will come.  Simply follow the advice of the group leaders....and you will not die....at least you will not die too much.  ;)

Dying.....you never lose your stuff!!! just EXP....but it is locked into your tombstone!!!  DONT LEAVE a members STONE EVER.  If you are solo....and you die....get it back solo....this challenge will eventually strengthen your future tactics.  If a fellow member can....help them get thier stone...BUT DO NOT turn the guildchat or your relationships between each other into only rescue missions of mercy.  Everyday is a good day to die...but....learn your limits and expand them through challenging yourself....the team will NEVER abandon you in a team event (online connections may....and we always must accept that ultimate evil bugger) :devil:

Tradescrafting should be done at cost.....when tradesmen/women announce their availability...members will have items made for them.....YOU provide the Tradesman/woman the supplies and they will make it for you.....they get the excess supplies as thier pay.  This will provide members excellent weapons, armor, etc and training supplies for tradesmen/women to grow even further.  :)

Guild Funds/Vault can be deposited into by ANY member....its use will be to go toward GUILD purchases....ie emblems, structures and whoknowswhat since the game is so new....only the fact that GUILDS COMBINED effort will be rewarded...not individuals.

Guild Invite/Promote/Dismiss....all are some of the GM functions that are assignable to various levels of the guild....this makes the guild itself more responsive and a more 'ownership' of all feeling.

Realm Points....surely will be tied to rewards given by the game engine in terms of either a prerequisite to guild housing or titles or whoknowswhat again.  :D

This engine in just its first month has shown MAJOR improvments and response time ahead of the previous game engines.....this will surely backlash into UO and EQ at least in creating positive steps in those engines.....in turn this will improve ALL of our FUN opportunities......in DAoC, UO and EQ.

We all now have MORE to be MERRIER with.....STRENGTH AND HONOR....the good of the many is surely growing strong.

Very interesting. I may have to actually break down and buy DAoC. To tell the truth, I don't really think it looks all that terrific in comparison with EverQuest, especially with the new expansion comming out in december :) . However, I look forward to the prospect of playing with the crowd from PGoH. I was reading the content on the UO site and I must say I was very impressed. That said, I will post again when I actually get the game so I can work on joining up with VV. I can't say that I will be able to play very much due to prevailing duties on EQ but I will be totally devoted in every way to the guild.

-Araton Ovidius, level 53 Wizard of the Sacred Legion of Tuanre

All in all DAoC is not bad at all.  I wish it was a bit more like EQ (I really miss porting and SoW...the variation hunters have is lame and lasts for only a minute).  The biggest plus of DAoC is that you dont need to go on CRs to get your gear back.  If EQ was to change 2 things I'd say learn from DAoC and let people regain their equip when they die (I don't always have time to run through 8 zones to recover my gear) and the very user friendly quest system (you can click on [key words] to hear the next statement to be made by the NPC....no guessing as to what they really wanna hear like in EQ.

Well, it makes everything easy. That can be nice but its no challenge. Its sorta like EQ jr. That's not to say that I don't like it, or that they haven't fixed a great many things ( autospliting loot and quest items for one) but I don't really see making the game easier overall as making it a better game.

-Araton

Archived