List of Undocumented Changes in Patch 1.11

Ghules

This one popped up on the forums a few days ago, but I thought I'd repost here for those that might have missed it.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post233992

Haven't made it past the 5000+ queues on the test server these last few days to confirm some just yet but from what little playtime I had there earlier this week, most of these are on the up and up.

A few of my favorites:

* Players can no longer queue up other players with the deserter debuff for a battleground by forming a raid and having the leader in a different subgroup, and joining as a group.

* A permanant version of Aqual Quintessence (called Eternal Quintessence) is provided after completing the Hydraxian Waterlords quest chain. This is avaliable to players who have a reputation level of Revered. See Duke Hydraxis for more information.

* The terrain was raised by Orgrimmar in order to prevent players from reaching the top of the Orgrimmar Gates.

There are even more class changes as well.

Mage

* Evocation - Cooldown reduced to 8 minutes.

* Cooldown on the use of a Mana Gem has been decreased to two minutes and now shares a cooldown with tuber/night dragon/healthstone.

* Pyroblast - Cooldown removed.

* Arcane Missiles - Cancels channeling immediately if its target moves out of line of sight.

As we all know however, nothing is ever official until it makes it to the official Blizz patch notes.

An undocumented change that I noticed the other day from the last patch or two was that warlock pets no longer slow down when you enter combat while mounted....I used to lose a ton of shards because of that.

Not sure about the shared cooldown with healthstones and mana gems. They keep messing with our cooldowns so much that I feel like I spend more time in global cooldown or watching a timer than actually doing something. Word is that going from sitting to standing also triggers the global cooldown now, btw...bad for mana users that find time to drink/eat in PvP.

The reduction in evocation's cooldown is great news, though, and means I'll actually be using it more often (nothing sucks quite like fighting Mags or Garr with evo on cooldown...it makes mana management less of a chore).

No opinion whatsoever about the change to AM. The spell never did work very well, is a mana sinkhole, and they gutted it's one decent PvP use when they fixed the out of range thing. If they finally get around to making the mana cost be per missile rather than up-front, I'd still not use it often, but it would be easier to deal with the mana cost vs. range problems. Also, with the changes to aggro reduction, I'm not even sure AM will be as used in aggro-sensitive fights (usually any taunt-immune boss) now, so...

If you end up making it on the test servers, keep us posted. I've heard radically different feedback about the mage changes and am curious to see what your opinion is.