First Beta Tester Report

Martok

Wow. That is extremely good news. I think everyone probably thought that there was a small chance that SB would turn out to be all hype. This report puts those fears to rest quite nicely.  :D

I always thought the concept of UO was cool; It's like a complete, fantasy, world. EQ on the other hand, is just an adventure game (a darn good one but still just an adventure game), It is centered on the 6 person party for every aspect of game play; which is entirely based on leveling or getting better equipment.

Around a year ago I was trying to decide whether to play UO or EQ (I had RL friends that played both). I went with EQ in the end because I though it had more immersive lore, it was newer and flashier, and It just seemed like there was more to do because the game is so vast. However, the one thing that I didn't like about EQ was that you couldn't own property. Come to think of it, you can't really affect the world at all in EQ.

From everything I've read about shadowbane, it seems that it will be a sort of composite of the best things from both UO and EQ. It definitely deserves all of the drool I have released in its favor over the past few months  :laugh:

-Araton

Archived