Nailing the ranks down

Admiral Miller

I've been reading that some of you are a little bit confused by the ranks we have in place, very few of which we actually DO have in place. As such, I feel it is time we did a little reorganization. To start, please see the new introduction and reorganization thread I have just posted, and be sure to post all the requested info, and if neccesary, remake your forum name. My apologies for not being clear with all this from the beginning.

This thread is to open discussion on how we want our rank system to work. What ranks do we want, from top to bottom? My issue with the current system is that we have two lieutenants at the command...I'm not certain though whether or not Lieutenants of the day could even captain ships, and as we will each be captaining our own ships, how can we make this to reflect an organization of captains?

I myself am not familiar with the ranks of the Navies of the day, or any day for that matter, though I plan to read up on it a bit. So, let the dicussion begin!

(we can think of names latter)I think starting at the bottom we should have people who have just joined.

Then any one who has been here for 2 weeks.

Then onn to the rotational ranks say a lieutenant

Then we have higher rotational ranks say captains

Then we have the co-commanders as admirals. They are admirals in a way. Miller Commands the privateer fleet and MacPherson commands the navy fleet.

This is just an idea the names are not definate.

Lieutenant, captain and such are Guild rank, not ingame rank. I think we should try for this by the begining of the game:

..........................Commander______Commander

.............................privateers..............navy

................................|.........................|

......._________________.........................._________________

.......|........................|.........................|.....................

...|

..Lieutenant.........Lieutenant............Lieutenant..........Lieutenant

.......|........................|.........................|.....................

...|

.midshipman.......midshipman........ midshipman.......midshipman

When the game starts we can promote the best 2 Lieutenants to Captain and the best 2 midshipman to Lieutenant and comtinue to grow

Archived