TeamSpeak

silver

from what it seems to me is that Tritoncia is a one off payment for permanant use, BUT if we wish to upgrade the TS2 server after that first year, we will have to pay. But i dont think upgrading is necessary to continue using the the server.

I shall send them an email tomorrow and request details

as for the amount of slots. maybe starting at astraight 50 is best. yes we dont have 50 members and doubt we will until the game has been running for about a month, but buying a slot for 20, then an upgrade to 50 may cost more and will take a day or two longer.

I just think getting it out of the way is better.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just sent an email to Tritoncia and am now waiting for a reply

oops, that was me, lol

Alright, since they've been e-mailed by you we'll wait to hear back from them.

I like the 50-slot option for 60 as well. Then we can always update later on.

That said, I will not be buying this alone. So people need to cowboy up.

Come on, folks, $10 each is a small price to pay.

I'd really like it if we didn't become too TS reliant. I myself am not a big fan of talking on it, and I know for a fact that if overused, it takes away from the guild experience, communication wise. Many people don't like it, and as such, I feel it should only be in use for certain situations, guild chat being our main line of communication.

I'd really like it if we didn't become too TS reliant. I myself am not a big fan of talking on it, and I know for a fact that if overused, it takes away from the guild experience, communication wise. Many people don't like it, and as such, I feel it should only be in use for certain situations, guild chat being our main line of communication.

Guest horatio kennedy

hehe we have a coin one side(miller) doesn't really badly want ts. flip the coin and on the other side(james mcpherson) thinks that we badly need it. Now to see how well the comanders get along. :yahoo:

So should we just be fucousing on recruitment and website deveploment.

Or do we really need TS.

I wonder what our junior hilters will make of it. :rotflmao:

So co-comanders what do you say.

Not so. That's what our officers are for.

Miller, I find teamspeak invaluable in-game. Besides, if you don't want to be on the channel you certainly don't have to be. No one's required.

I myself intend to be on the channel in case anyone needs me anytime I'm on the game. It's far easier to be on that in a battle than having to type during a firefight.

Right, but they've said that combat is a slow enough pace that typing wont really hinder combat ability. I'm just saying that I don't want it to become the normal means of communications, more of a utility for given situations, situations that crop up often at that.

ok, as an officer, time to use my powers. muhahahaha. :D

I think TS sould be used for major assults only. ie: attacking towns or group raids on the enemy shipping. keep merchant and normal shipping attacks to keyboard. what u think?

yes, a trial server. we dont have many members as yet, and by the time of release we will still be under 20 members. maybe one of the TS2 free 8 Slot servers will do for the first month. to get used to it and see how it works for us

Sorry gents, been all over the place this Thanksgiving, but I am back now!

Well, I will cede to the majority then. Since no one wants this to be our primary form of communication, so be it.

The problem as I see it, is that just because the software allows a free 8-slot voice chat server....that does nothing for us. We still have to have a physical server somewhere to do this.

I don't have one available, and attempts by others here to run them out of firewalls haven't worked...

So I say we go ahead and gnab the 50-slot server just for convenience's sake. Having access to the freebie stuff does us no good if we can't get the hardware and know-how to run it.

I guess we need to come for a formal decision in the next guild chat. I will go with the majority vote.

well, I havnt heard anything from Tritoncia, but I would like a TS2 server. I have found battles to be much easier and faster with it. And seeing the enemy will not doubt have TS during group battles, we would be at a disadvantage without.

Archived