BWIA Emblem (Sail pattern)

Admiral Miller

Heya folks. I just sent a PM to Phunix (the guy that made my personal flag) about if he might want to help make our guild emblem/sail, as we had discussed it while designing my own flag.

So, do we want a regulated guild sail? Should it be left to further personalize the captain with his own personal sail? If we want one, what should it be?

I feel that it should be something incorporating the three major branches of our guild- the Navy, the Privateers, and the Merchants, so perhaps a symbol for each, somehow incorporated into a heraldric design? As well, I don't think it should be -too- complicated..

so, what do you think? Detailed answer preferred :rofl:

Heya folks. I just sent a PM to Phunix (the guy that made my personal flag) about if he might want to help make our guild emblem/sail, as we had discussed it while designing my own flag.

So, do we want a regulated guild sail? Should it be left to further personalize the captain with his own personal sail? If we want one, what should it be?

I feel that it should be something incorporating the three major branches of our guild- the Navy, the Privateers, and the Merchants, so perhaps a symbol for each, somehow incorporated into a heraldric design? As well, I don't think it should be -too- complicated..

so, what do you think? Detailed answer preferred :rabbi:

That's a good question. Personally, I'd say it should bear a resemblance to the official guild flag, and not stray too far from it.

• 2 weeks later...

so, what do you think? Detailed answer preferred :)

I can do that. I created one for my guild in a game called Dark & Light.

the pic is here at the bottom of the page: http://dragopics.htmlplanet.com/photo.html

I would be honoured to create any sigs needed

So I had a though for the sail. Perhaps we should have a nickname for the sectors of the guild?

For instance, my privateers might be the Wolfpack (Don't say no because of the Nazi subs, the wolfpack is a commonly used, time honored symbol for team unity), the Navy could be whatever you folks decide on, and our merchants could pick a symbol for themselves.

Personally, I like the thought of being "Alpha Wolf" of my Wolfpack of Privateers :)

So, once we have images to associate our sections with, we can then differentiate ourselves via the sails. This leaves the flags to the National, Personal, and Guild flags, with the sails further distuinguishing members.

Thoughts?

Archived