Eberron Books & Novels

Balandar

If I can get the Amazon.com credit card, I'll order those (first time you get it you get $30 off). I hate not having any bloody credit, it's impossible to get a credit card without credit. I can't even get a loan unless I have someone co-sign. I mean WTF... I make enough money. How else can you build credit without anything that can build credit? Bloody hell.

If I can get the Amazon.com credit card, I'll order those (first time you get it you get $30 off). I hate not having any bloody credit, it's impossible to get a credit card without credit. I can't even get a loan unless I have someone co-sign. I mean WTF... I make enough money. How else can you build credit without anything that can build credit? Bloody hell.

Well don't get too many credit card either :yahoo:

Doesnt matter if you use em. Just having too many can make creditors think you have too much available credit thus messing up your credit. I know it sounds crazy but hey thats the way it is. Personally I think there are better cards out there especially if you pay the bill in full each month. Discover will give you 1% cash back (of course you need to spend various ammounts to hit that 1% reward, and Citibank has a card that offers normal 2% back on all purchases and 5% when you use it for gas, groceries and one or two other things.

Visa or Mastercard. I was told to go with the BIG Dogs for three years to build credit. I have never owned a credit card and still do not own one. It's a ###### trying to get one. And I know about owning too many cards can hurt your credit (like 10 store cards). But I have 0, zip, none, other than alienware, which really isn't like a normal credit card since you can only use it with alienware.

I have Discover (they're easy to work with) Don't go with Chase if at all possible. I have two chase cards I'm praying that I'm able to pay off soon.

Citibank isn't too bad, but they are a pain in the ass over their online bill paying, but have great phone customer service.

But ya, what BB said. I had way too many credit cards at one point. I was trying to buy a house, and they told me I didn't have enough established credit. They told me to get additional credit lines. Now they tell me I have too many available credit lines! ARGGGGGGGGGGGG

I think this thread has been hijacked by those with credit card advice!!

hijack.jpg

I have Discover (they're easy to work with)  Don't go with Chase if at all possible.  I have two chase cards I'm praying that I'm able to pay off soon.

Citibank isn't too bad, but they are a pain in the ass over their online bill paying, but have great phone customer service.

But ya, what BB said.  I had way too many credit cards at one point.  I was trying to buy a house, and they told me I didn't have enough established credit.  They told me to get additional credit lines.  Now they tell me I have too many available credit lines!  ARGGGGGGGGGGGG

We have great credit but we were told to get rid of some credit cards even though we have never had a late payment nor do we carry any balance over to the next month. Best way to use a credit card is like cash or debit card just pay it at the end of the month. That way you don't incur huge debt and should you need emergency money you wont need to worry about how to make the minimum payment! Oh and remember just like anything else to do with credit it takes 7 years to wipe the fact that you even had a particular card. Citibank dividend is what we use now it pays out much more than the discover we used to use due to the automatic 5% you get on gas and grocery store as well as some other places in addition to the 2% you get for anything that isn't set to 5%. With gas as expensive as it is 5% adds up really fast

Archived