Kodoz Wounds

kodoz

(OOC: Just a short little tale as my way of apologizing to everyone for my absences; College has been really rough, and since i havent been able to entertain people in game I thought maybe i could give you something to read. Any comments are always welcome)

Kodoz had many weeks past recieved a pigeon from an old friend with a simple message. Had he known what would happen as the result of his answering the message...he still would have done it. However he would have been better prepared.

[Many weeks ago] A paragon was keeping people from being able to safely reach the exit of Ilshenar at Compassion. Kodoz knew what he had to do, and he grabbed one of his Dragon Slayers and headed out. As he appeared through the gate he immediately was struck from his mount. He yelled at the old swamp dragon to flee and it obediently ran back through the gate. Kodoz had brought enough weapons that he should be able to do this though. He drew his kryss and his bronze shield and swung it in front of him and assumed a fighting posture.

The monster was huge...there was no doubt of it being either a paragon or an ancient wyrm. The normal ancient wyrm was a task enough for any person, even an experienced warrior such as Kodoz...A paragon might even be too much for him to handle. He quickly let fly a pigeon to seek out any of the guardians that were available, but for the time being he would fight...and he would fight alone.

The Ancient Wyrm Roared its fury at Kodoz, its sheer volume enough to leave Kodoz' ears ringing. Kodoz shook his head once to clear it, and in that split second the creature lunged for him; Kodoz dove to get away but the massiveness of the beast was too much. Kodoz was still struck by the wyrm and skidded across the grass and dirt, his royal purple cloak ripping as it snagged on fallen branches and rocks, and Kodoz finally came to a halt. He gathered himself up and stood, and sheathed the kryss and slung the shield on his back under his cloak. The bottom of his cloak was shredded, and it blew in the sparse wind amidst the area near the compassion gate. Kodoz pulled a dagger from each of his legs where he had them strapped, and quickly sprinted straight for the beast....

The Wyrm looked at him in confusion and then prepared to bite him in two, and at the last second Kodoz pivoted onone foot and turned in the other direction; the Wyrms bite cleaved through the air where Kodoz would have been had he continued. Kodoz saw a clear shot and threw both daggers with all the speed he could manage; the wyrm roared in defiance and saw the daggers, one hurling for its temple the other for its eye; it merely shut its eyelid and the daggers bounced off the armored scales of the wyrm. However Kodoz took the moment of blindness to draw his kryss and slice at the creatures neck; In one smooth swing his kryss cleaved through armor scales and flesh and bone, and the beast fell to the ground with a huge crash. Kodoz sheathed his kryss and turned towards the gate. He saw one of the other guardians at the gate...Dinadan, one of those he shared a close bond with. Dinadan asked him about it.

"You...you killed it?"

Kodoz merely nodded.

"Are you sure its dead?"

"Whats that mean Dinadan?"

"I heard that reptiles dont truly die until after the sun goes down..."

Kodoz suddenly had a look of horror on his face and started to draw his kryss and turn when the jaws of the once fallen beast closed around one of his legs. Kodoz let out an anguished scream as the fangs of the monster bit deep into the flesh of his left leg, and Kodoz fought to keep from blacking out from the pain. Dinadan was still in a moment of shock and horror, and Kodoz used what he had left in him to finish drawing the kryss, and stabbed it straight down into the wyrms forehead. The wyrms teeth bit down harder for a split second and Kodoz passed out, and then the wyrm finally died. Dinadan's moment of inaction was broken, and he rushed forward and grasped Kodoz by his arms and slowly dragged him to the moongate. Dinadan gasped in horror at the severity of the bite wound on Kodoz' leg and quickly took him to Trinsic, the City of Honor. He was able to get Kodoz' motionless body to the healers, and laid him down on one of the beds. Dinadan was quick to order the healers to watch after Kodoz and do their best to help him. Dinadan didnt know what else he could do...

[Present]

Kodoz stood from the healers bed in Trinsic and tried to put some weight on his left leg and gritted his teeth from the nearly unbearable pain, and let himself fall once more back onto the bed. This wait for healing was killing him. The healers for some reason insisted that he not be allowed to send pigeons, and his only visitor had been Dinadan. He cursed himself for a fool for the millionth time...he knew better than to have ever turned his back on an opponent so strong that would fall so early on in a fight! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Because of his mistake he nearly lost his leg...had he not been lucky it would have been his life. Kodoz had asked the healers how much longer it would be and always he recieved the same answer...'only time will tell'...

*Hope you enjoyed! I miss all of the guardians and will be coming back ASAP, and just know I'm wishing I wasn't having so much college work so I could be chilling with yall!*