City Of Villains Beta

Hothgorn TheBlack

City of Villains beta details

Earliest adopters of NCsoft's superhero MMORPG will get the first crack at testing the evil-themed sequel.

NCsoft today announced preliminary details for the beta test program that will be conducted for its upcoming massively multiplayer role-playing game City of Villains. Specifically, the program will give priority to those who have been subscribed to the game's predecessor, City of Heroes, the longest.

Players who have subscribed to City of Heroes for at least 12 months will automatically earn a beta test slot for Villains. (Of course, since City of Heroes has only been out since April, this may be an indication that beta testing will not begin for some time.) Players with at least six months of time spent on the game will also receive priority consideration, though not a guaranteed slot.

"It makes sense for us to offer this incentive to our most dedicated players," said Jack Emmert, City of Heroes' lead designer. "Who else would be more capable of assisting us in the beta test than the folks most familiar with the way City of Heroes works?"

Developed by Cryptic Studios, City of Villains lets players take the side of evil in a world filled with superpowers, plotting world domination and menacing the populace. The game is slated for release in 2005.

found on gamespot

-cheers

Hothgorn

Players who have subscribed to City of Heroes for at least 12 months will automatically earn a beta test slot for Villains.

Wasn't this game released in may/June? must be an indicator on when it will be brought into beta. next spring sometime?

Why be worried? PvP will be cool. They are introducing the arena which will be out prior to CoV so they can test out aspects of PvP. I think it will bring out a bigger need of SG relations. Not talking about protection but they will have a headquater. I'm tired of all you guys sleeping in my living room. Heck you guys never clean up after yourselfs. Especially firefly. he leaves his carapus all over the place everytime he molts. A vault to save those enhancements. vehicles a training room. And from what I understand a teleporter from the SG HQ. It is supposed to be fully customizable too. And in order to keep it up you have to pay rent! sweet finally a use for the 70 mill in influence i have. I think it's going to bring some good things. And since we are all top notch players PvP won't be too much of a problem. Just different tactics and just more fun.

Archived