New Video Project: We're Not Gonna Take it

Soke

Heya everyone.

Finally settled on the song for my next video project. It's going to be Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It". If y'all want to be a part of this, leave a message here, email me at maximilia@rushmore.com, or send an in-game email message to either Max Fury or Miss Abyss.

I'm expecting to start filming possibly today and throughout this week (possibly next week as well) at available times for people.... and as soon as I decide how to storyboard it. It's a high powered song so we'll need lots of good fight footage and I'd prefer to showcase some higher up villain groups this time. EVERYone has Hellions in their videos!

Laterz

Not sure what you are looking for but I might be able to help you out. I am with my SG alot but I will be killing the rikti monkeys to get my vangard badge (sweet something for controllers) for a big part of tonight. Send me an ingame tell explaining what you need and I will try to help you out.

Well, I'm not sure what I'm looking for quite yet either... I"m going through old footage (including Rularuu invasion footage I shot) and see what looks cool. Have a good end part of a fight with Adamastor and a couple really great fights with Babbage... I'm looking for something that looks cool, and I'll probably script around stuff.

Listen to the song a lot (I think I've listened to it 3,352,863 times today just over and over to get a good "feel" for it.

Once I start filling things in, I'll be able to say, "I want a shot of a <blah> fighting <blah>", but right now it's still very open.

I'm going to try to be on tonight and tomorrow night (esp. from 7 to 10 MST as that's when my husband is in class) to get started. I've gotten the very beginning of it done from old footage (and titles) and I think I have an idea of how I want the next section.

I will be on with Max Fury during these times; pretty sure anyway. I will look for you guys and Paragons of Light in general.

I wasn't on very much last night, except to film some static footage of villains... you know, 5th column lecturing, Banished Pantheon being icky to ghosties, that sort of thing.

Tonight I'm hoping to get some "fighting" footage both in and out of missions (I'd be an observer in the mission, not actually part of it, so I can film) since I have a little more idea of what I'm doing now and what villain groups I want.

Need some Carnival of Shadows footage, but I'm a wee bit too low for that at 34.

Well I probably will be on before you considering it's eastern time for some of the PoL. Most are central or western time. I will be on with my low lvl alt for an hour or two. We have to wait for Dash to get on before we can really do some good rikti gathering. They are like insane chickens! I will be doing AV's and the carnies, have to get that badge! The AV's are part of a movie that I am making for the PoL. That part you might have to step out of Camera shot of because I want to to show the PoL members. All the others, you are more than welcome to have fun with. If you want to come along you will be SK'd and I can not totally insure your safety unless you stay out of range. Those Carnies may look cute but they are more visious then any flaming imp i've ever seen.

Ok, well, I'd like to thank DQ for helping me film last night (and letting me leech exp). I have an entire segment dedicated to the first fight with Black Swan that doesn't look bad... don't think I'll use the other footage I shot for this project as the bubbles make everything...green and wavy, sort of like a drug trip.

Plus, the group was so big it was hard to pick out people using individual powers and stuff, but I did get a really good shot of XuXing taking down Black Swan which made it into the cut, and fire imps are everywhere!

Going to need some smaller groups for footage now. Big groups are fun, but it lags everything down in playback.

Thanks again... you guys filled up almost twenty seconds of time (which is a lot, trust me).

Ok. Have about... 50 seconds to a minute done with beginning credits. The song is 3.37 mins in length and about 20-25 of the end will be credits. So, have about two more minutes to fill. The beginning is looking very cool so far, and I did use some older footage of stuff because I'm too lazy to go out and film it again. Heh.

And no, no I don't have a life.

Well, for grouping I don't mind big groups as long as they're competant (not a prob with you guys). For filming however, they're...tricky. It's hard to get good shots of individuals using powers when it's just a mass of light flashing on the screen. We'll see what today brings. :devil: Still, did I mention that it was appreciated? It was, and very much so.

Awesome as always!!!  You got so many special villians it was fun!  How'd you get Ms. Liberty to move?

Creative use of demoediting. :D It was actually rather easy once I knew what to look for...I got lazy and didn't wand to recruit a whole bunch of people to film going "/emote no"...so I demoedited it all. If you watch it again, note in the background that those in the background are doing the "no" emote too. :D

Archived