Dark Age of Camelot

Lorraina

I didnt' know where to post this. You guys are looking at ShadowBane like it's the only game out there. I just got in beta for Dark Age of Camelot and if you haven't looked at this game yet, you might want to.

I can tell you I've been in 3 days and I'm addicted.

DAoC

First: beta is closed for sign up, sorry.

Second: *stands very straight like a school girl and clears throat beginning summary*

The game setting is right after the death of King Arthur. There are 3 realms/kingdoms.  Arthur’s or the Brits is called Albion and is based on the Arthurian legends. Hibernia is the Celtic culture on an island. Midgard is the Norse kingdom.

This site is the official site, for screen shots and info

http://darkageofcamelot.com/

You may only play in one realm per server. So if you play Albion on server A(just an example) all your characters on that server must be Albion. This stops the making characters in all realms to cheat. (Doesn’t stop multiple accounts though so some will still do it I suppose. The reason this is important is the realms will war and try to take over each other. I think you can make up to 7 characters per server but not sure.

On Server B you could play another realm.

Each realm has races.  Albian has Briton, Avalonian, Scaracen, Highlanders

Midgard has Norseman, Dwarf, Troll, Kobold

Hibernia has Elf, Celt, Firbolg and Lurikeen

Each realm has classes and advanced classes, more like D&D I think. I refuse to list them all, but

You can be a cleric! A Friar, A Druid, etc etc, get the idea? You can also be a craftsman etc.

There are simple quests you are given to help you advance in your skills.

There is also pvp which I know little about yet. I’m not high enough in level to be in that yet.

But each realm has relics I think with raiding between the kingdoms. Again I’m not sure how this system works at all.

What I can tell you is this game looks good. My characters look good, even pretty. That’s important to me. I can’t stand playing 3RD Dawn, I hate the way it all looks. It’s in 3d and it runs smooth so far.  I’m on dialup and it’s smooth for me so far. Some of the scenery takes my breath. The music is good.  The spell effects are good and although the phrase 'eyecandy' seems to be a negative, I'll say I like eye candy! I love it when my bard actually holds her lute and strums it and an aura surrounds her!

I’ve been more interested in this game than ShadowBane from the beginning. I’m so glad I got in the beta , it’s been a few days and I’m hooked. I’ll post more as I learn more, but a lot I cant’ say yet as you know because of the rules of beta.

This game was being trashed by the reviewers last year, this year they are eating their words.

So far I like this game. Maybe because it’s new and so much to learn, but I hated beta for 3rd Dawn, that was a chore , this is pure pleasure.

Game is suppose to be out in October, preorder stores says it ships the 16th! Sells for about $40 and so far it's on schedule!

Now that's impressive in itself isn't it guys?

Check it out!

Dark Age of Camelot

From the review, it is most definately a game to keep an eye on.  I'm not too sure about the interface though.  I never was able to be any good at Everquest, I hated the interface.  I hope this game doesn't fall into the same "everquest" mode of movements/actions.

I never played EQ so I really don't know.

At first I just used the arrows keys becauses when I tried mouse movement I couldn't control it. Now I'm using both, I switch to mouse when fighting and Im getting the hang of it.

There are things I wish they'd do a bit different but every day they seem to patch and tune things. Patching goes amazingly smooth from what I've seen this past week.

Quote from Martok, posted on

I'm not too sure about the interface though.  I never was able to be any good at Everquest, I hated the interface.  I hope this game doesn't fall into the same "everquest" mode of movements/actions.

When I started EQ I hated the interface as well......now I prefer the interface to that of UO.  Everything is a point and a click away.  It definitly takes some getting used to though.