Greetings to The Honor Empire

The Pancakes

Hello,

In-game, I'm known as Dark Bobo, the Sad Crimefighting Clown.

Dash Zero is a very good friend of mine and was chiding me a bit on my own message board about never posting here, so I'm posting here.

I seem to have joined the guild during a transition period. I logged on Monday to find no one in Dark Virtue at all. It seems that you all have joined the Paragons of Light and left Dark Virtue as a shell within about a week of me joining Dark Virtue. I'm sure it's not personal. >:[

I chatted with Knock M. Out about joining the Paragons, but we didn't make any plans to hook up and have me join -- he was busy, I was busy. My play schedule can be quite limited, so I don't know when I'll be logged in with an influential member of PoL to do some crime fighting so that I can be added to the roster. Still, know that I am interested. I had fun the few times I did play with you guys.

Anyway, hi, hello and how are you all? I have several characters on Virtue: one of each archetype and then some. At present CoH is my main time sink outside of work and riding motorcycles and PnP RPGs.

The last MMORPG I played with any seriousness was Star Wars Galaxies. It was a lot of fun until it wasn't anymore. We had a guild (still there) we had some dedicated players, we were rebels. I got really burned out on the whole 'grind is a state of mind' attitude in the game. I didn't want a jedi. I just wanted to be a Ranger, but in SWG, if you're not a Jedi, u r teh sukk. :nub:

As to other diversions, I am going through a CSI phase right now. There's a week-long marathon of CSI on TV and I've got my digital recorder set up to grab as many as possible. I also recently picked up a copy of To Live and Die in LA, an 80's movie about counterfieting starring a much younger William Peterson. It's an interesting contrast.

I've been running a bi-monthly Pencil-and-Paper role playing game at my house for about 5 years now. We started with 2nd Ed DnD, and then moved to DnD 3.0, and now DnD 3.5 with some variants. Our last session, while fun and exciting didn't end so well for a couple of my players, so this week I'm going to be running a Star Wars game. SWG inspired me to check out the D20 Star Wars RPG and I found myself liking the system, the setting, and the possibilities. I'm also a huge Cowboy BeBop fan, and I'd like to incorporate some of those Noir elements into my Star Wars RPG.

Well, I think that's enough posting for now, eh Dash?

Hey Dark Bobo! You can look me up when you are on, I still have alot of Chars in Dark Virtue. I did move my main over to PoL. Look me up (see sig for chars) and we will bust some crime! I know that we have teamed once or twice...sadly I dont remember what level you are. And Cowboy Bebop is the best!! >:[ I think I watched one episode on TV and then went out the next day and bought all of them and the movie.

Hi all,

On my ferry boat ride into (and back from) work I have been working on a WoW review. Today is the last day the the WoW stress test beta is open, so I will be posting that review with some screenshots here pretty soon.

WoW has taken up nearly 100% of my gaming time this last week, and work has not given me many breathers to post either.

I should be back to my CoH routine Friday.

Good to see you Pancakes aka Dark Bobo!!

Archived