Test Server

Soke

Ok, so I finally downloaded the test server thing.

First, it's annoying because the current Issue 2 on there makes zones crash, which kick you out of the game.

Second, they really revamped chat and souvene...however you spell that. Blah. I don't like the chat, but the new "badge" system is ok. Unfortunately, information isn't carried over when you copy a character to the test server, SO....I don't actually have any of the badges for "accomplishments", I think they're called now.

However, there IS a place for completed task forces now. Unfortunately, as it stands, you can't go back and redo them to get the badge, and that information wasn't stored on your character (grr). All of your permanent clues should become badges tho.

They updated the enhancement thing too, and I'm not sure if I like how that opens now.

Haven't finished the cape or effects quests yet. You get them from the City Rep. in Atlas (fyi). Zones keep crashing on me. I'm about halfway done with the cape quest with Max, and you have to do that before you can do the effects one.

That's it for now.

Yep 1 test server.

Yep zone switching was crashing on me too. Tunnels seemed the worst - try sticking to the tram. (At least that will be my theory when I try again.)

Looks like they implemented drag and drop to transfer Inspirations and Enhancements between players. Haven't tried it.

I wanted to get a cape before I tried playing with Smoke Grenade, but that will be on my Test Center list...

I managed to get in, and so far I like this a lot!

Sushi's attacks look better And seem a tad faster.

An interesting developement is the Movie theaters are clubs now, and have several entrances/exits that allow one to travel to different zones!

The club I was in exited/entered into Steel canyon (near the yellow liine), Talos Island (no Idea where), and Independence port (on the side of Power Island/Terra Volta).

Though, I didn't know how to get a cape just yet, just that there is a mission to do for it. None of these people answered my questions at Icon!

I didn't try any new zones, and when I went into terra volta for a small mission of mine, I crashed also.

-Hothgorn TheBlack :laugh:

OK folks!!!! Here's what I found. I did the cape mission by myself and finished it (first try). What did I figured out?

1. DON'T use AoEs of any sorts unless out of range of the time capsule. You'll do more damage to it than the guys trying to break it. I got through by attacking anyone that attacked the box, a single mob at a time. Everyonce in a while I managed to pull them off of the capsule and back away for a bit for the occasional AoE. My suggestion? Get a tank who has provoke with several acc enhancements..........

2. Damage to the capsule doesn't start until you're in aggro range, otherwise they just taunt it.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the screenshots to take while playing dress up. I do not have 25k on me to buy my cape, but if I manage tomarrow, I'll post a pic.

Another thing is that missions now give GREAT experience and influence. The cape mission alone gave me 5k experience, and 5k influence.

-Cheers!!!

-Hothgorn TheBlack

GOT MY CAPE!!! All I have to say is WOW and I can not wait for this to go live!! Seen some of the effects too and well I know what one I want!! Uggg now the wait!! Hmmm better get to 30 and fast!! :D:D:D

Yes its almost 1 am right now and I need sleep....

Archived