Continuing recon and harrasment of LB's forces

Honored friends, allies, and guildmates

Last eve I conducted my third scouting mission the Lord Blackthorn’s. I was honored to have by my side one of my former guildmates and instructors Sir Ironside. Ironside of C*C is a valued tactician, warrior, and friend of HONOR.

In order to detail our actions and hopefully provide some useful intelligence that we may use in future operations I have attached a copy of Sir Ironsides recount of our activities.

Sir Ironside

Sir Ironside's War Journal 5/27

Tue May 28 01:37:21 2002

Well I have been sitting idle for the last few days, as I look about seeing everyone comfortable after the withdrawal of the Juka. I think to my self *funny how they can be so comfortable & that makes me uneasy* Must be the warrior in me?

They the fine people of Sosaria may feel at ease thinking we won the war with the Juka, but I still do not believe we have seen the last of them.

Well one day I was napping when Thorn my Dwarven Handyman had received a pigeon by a PGoH officer, that goes by the name of Steel DarKnight. He quickly gave the message to Aleena who ran it to my resting place. As my eyes tried to focus from my slumber I couldn’t believe it. Even their Parchment has a tint of purple in it :o)

I learned of his exploits in his duty to Scout Black Thorns Castle in the lands of Ilshenar. He told of a place in PGoH to read his reports.  I could feel my blood boil again at the thoughts of the forces that occupied our cities for so long. This time I planned on being thee aggressor not the defender!

A couple days past to this eve, where I ran into Steel again, we talked more of our common enemy. I figured he being recommended for promotion to an officer of PGoH & runs most missions to Ilshenar (so is my thoughts) & I am to head this war for the Champions of Camelot, it would be a good idea to recon the Castle. So off we went. We met little resistance on the way, although near by the castle we saw a couple of Bog Things & Plague Beasts. We slipped by them since that was not our objective this evening' As we turned the corner to where Steel knew of an entrance to the Castle we were ambushed by Three controllers & 3 boglings. They quickly found out we were two seasoned veterans in this war, not new recruits that did not work well together! As stood there in a pile of bodies wiping the blood from my face I turned & looked at Steel "looks like they were waiting in ambush for us Sir" Steel replied as he looked around at all the bodies "appears so Sir" We wandered over to the entrance seeing that they had built up quite a force inside. As we stood there wondering how they knew we were coming? Was there a spy on the inside of one of our groups? Did they have lookouts around the Castle, even if they did they were well prepared with such short notice. These things puzzled me, if not also bothered me. Knowing we were outmatched, I explained to Steel I had not come all this way not to examine a defensiveable position. Steel *sighed* then smiled & said between you & Tyr. I was kind of puzzled by the comment but smiled knowing his comments were enlightening. He then explained that between the two of us we seem to put him into some hairy spots :o) So upon his request he had me go away & he would lure them away from door into the great outdoors. As I did this, by the time I came back I had seen he had not shaken a Controller, Golem & a Lizardman, & ran in with my blade a'swinigin' As he ran around I yelled "form up!" as we quickly took our battle positions, we took them down with our Skill & training. I was glad to see he had not slacked on his training, & had no reserve about my command. It truly was like old times with us fighting Acknowledging each other’s moves & complimenting them with the back up that seasoned Veterans should know. Now we turned to go inside, our goal almost met. However as we entered more came running at us. We were hacking & slashing forever, but it seemed they just kept coming out of nowhere, we would drop a wave of them & another wave would come. Finally we fell back to the high grounds of outside. We decided we needed more men to investigate further. So we investigated the surroundings of the Castle, which we found, were not very safe eiWe located the Main entrance to the Castle, but we did not dare go in alone. It was heavily guarded & a few Betrayers stood guard as well. However even though I did not get to recon the inside of the Castle I have devised a plan. I wish to get a force of four (preferably 2 warriors, an Archer, & a mage) to deal with either the spawn at side entrance, or to patrol outside. Then I would like to get a big Strike team to infiltrate the Castle Walls. About 4 warriors 3 Archers & two mages. This leaves one spot open for any of the three classes. (or my King who is all of these classes) We definitely will need more than one mage in the group! So any who read this that have a desire to take an offensive against the Juka plz send me a pigeon (ICQ) 28446394

I want to strike Black Thorn on his own Ground for once. You must be brave & disciplined in War combat. You must leave your Egos at the door, cause I will expect you to follow Orders! I call all Warriors of Honor to Arms!!!

Let Blackthorn know he will not prevail, while we breathe!

It seems me & Steel have the same goal here, & maybe working together a lot on this Strike! Blackthorn will not hide In Ilshenar, for I will hunt his evil Hordes to the end of thee lands!

Your Honorable Knight

Sir Ironside

I will leave the discussion of an assault or lack of, to our commanders. But I have offered my services, due to my knowledge of the terrain, to any forces willing to assault this dread enemy. I am sure any support that can be provided by any others will be appreciated.

I have no worries following Ironside into battle..he is one of the bravest Knights I know.  ...as for Blackthorne..I wouldn't mind seeing what he has in that castle.  Soemething tells me he hasnt given up!  All the Guardians of Honor should be vigilint in this! :cheeburga: