Highlights from an Interview with Andy Kirton

Balandar

Highlights from an Interview with Andy Kirton.

by: Tucker Smedes

Ascension Gaming Network

If you plan on playing a Dwarf Paladin with your second character being a Tauren Shaman, you'll be playing them on two different servers. It was explained that you would not be able to have characters from both factions on the same server; which in all honesty makes perfect sense seeing as you will be fighting against your opposing faction. You will however be able to have different faction characters on different servers of your account.

Andy was able to clarify that, "currently you can have 10 characters per server and can play on any number of servers that you want. So, say if we have 10 servers at launch, you can have up to 100 characters (at 10 per server)." So you will be able to play every race and class combo you want...just not on the same server.

Bots or macros have plagued many games like RO or AC; characters run by scripts and programs. I questioned whether people would be banned, suspended, or what consequences would be given to those who were found using bots and macros. "While banning is definitely an option, we would much rather not have any bots in the first place. We feel partially responsible when they show up due to the fact that we had to 'let' them in," Andy went on to say.

A similar stance was being taken on that of selling items for cash. I'm sure all of you are aware things like this have happened in past games such as EQ or even Diablo 2. It will be easier to track in WoW, and there will definitely be measures taken to prevent it or punish those who can't abide by the rules.

For all of those people wondering when the game will hit open beta or when the final launch would be, I believe the quote Andy gave was one that fits quite well. He told me, "It's my philosophy that the launch will make or break you." And he went on to add that there's no reason to release an unfinished product on the market. Just think if car manufacturers released an awesome looking new car, but it only came with three wheels. If you're familiar with Blizzard, you'll know they strive for perfection and won't release a game until it's ready. However I was once again told that they definitely do plan on releasing this year.

Written by: Tucker Smedes