Drow Sacrifice

Balandar

Balandar_Drow_Sacrifice_04_20_2004.jpg

A sacrifice to the goddess Lloth.

----------------------------

For those who don’t know, Lloth is a drow goddess for the Forgotten Realms setting (wizards.com).

This is my second render in poser. No post work other than sig. I may come back to it later and work on the lighting and tweak some other things. I would like to add another drow to the scene, but the pz3 came out at 90.5 MBs. I can barely load it now. Heheh.

Credits

Knives, daggers, & sacrificial tools - Daz (free)

Halloween Jewelery - Daz (Free)

Spider from Violet71au (free)

Spider Web from Structure - Rendo (free)

Devilicious Outfit (free)

Mystic Places 'n Poses 2 - Rendo

Silky Hair - Rendo

Drow Warrior for Michael 2 and V3 Drow Witch - PP

Fantasy Suit for Mike - Daz

Thanks for looking!

I agree with you on the Forgotten Realms remark. I've read nearly every book, only about a dozen or so left to read. I am taking a break from them, however. I've read R.A. Salvatores’ between 2 - 3 times for each of his books. Currently I am re-reading his Demon war books for the third time (just started them again today, need some inspiration for future poser renders).

Wow! :0

I certainly can't claim to have read every book, although I have read quite a few. I don't believe I've read Salvatores' Demon War series -- I'll have to look into picking them up. Thanks for the info! :)

Also, I read awhile back that there is an MMO in the works based on D&D (can't recall if it's going to be based in the Forgotten Realms world or not). Would you happen to know any information regarding this or where I can find out more?

Yes, I know. No life. I had a lot of spare time up until college. Before 10th grade I had read every Dragonlance book that existed. I had to stop because they didn’t publish them fast enough. Also, I stopped because of the Dragons of Summer Flame book. I didn’t feel like reading any more after that point and moved on to FR.

I have Bob’s signature for the Demon War book Transcendence as well as several of his FR collector ed.’s from a couple of years ago. I forget when he was here, I have the newspaper clipping someplace. I should just check the trademark for Transcendence or his Star Wars Ep. 2 book (he was promoting both at the local book store when they came out, got both signed with my FR books).

http://www.gamebanshee.com/dndonline/ has some information about D&D Online. I haven’t been following it at all. It looks like they are coming close to alpha beta testing.

Wonderful! :0

Alpha testing already? I had no idea they were even that far along with it! :0

Thanks for the link! And very cool that you got to meet Bob in person! :) Actually, now that I think about it... what happened with the TV series that was in the works? I don't live in the States anymore (although that will change soon), so I'm not sure if the pilot or any part of the series has been aired yet.

*sigh* They need to do a 'proper' D&D movie... with Drizzt and Elminster and everyone...

Heheh, yup. It's a good little short. I wish there were more out there like it. Who knows, maybe I'll try making something in poser some time. Would be crazy and hard to do though. 30 frames per second or so... that's a lot of rendering. :) I got Martok started in reading them as well. I am not sure where he is at right now. I think he has read the first 9 or so.

And it seems The Demon Wars is complete. I didn't know the last book came out. Hopefully I'll have the money to buy it by the time I am done re-reading the other 6, there are 7. The middle book, Mortalis, was written when Bob's brother died. I'm not sure what the story is, but I don't believe he had a contract to write that one. He just decided to write it, I think.

Oh, PLEASE make one if you can and have the time! :0

Bah! I knew I'd forgotten something today! *sigh* I went to the mall and totally forgot to look for/pick up the first book in the Demon Wars series! :) Guess that means another trip to get it A.S.A.P.! :0

Lol, you are on these forums almost as much as I am. Hopefully that will change soon and I will get a job, and money, to buy myself a few new computers and books.

The demon war series is a good series. But beware, it is different. The magic works differently, the Elves look different, the races are different as well. But it's still that same ol' D&D type fantasy setting. I like them, they are a good read. I would say more, but I don’t want to spoil it.

*blushes deeply* Yes, I am here quite a bit... I don't have much in the way of a life, I suppose... *sigh*

Good luck with the job hunt! I hope you'll manage to snag a wonderful job that you'll enjoy! And a fantastic salary and benefits package, too! :)

While I'm here (as if I'm anywhere else *smirk*), I might as well ask... will there be a division of T.H.E. in EQ 2? Hopefully? :0

Evercrack 2? Hmmm.. That all depends on what ML does. If they get a good number that wish to go into EQ2 and have a few good leaders, then yes, a website will be set up. How close is Evercrack 2 from release?

I honestly have no idea of an exact or even an approximate release date, but it's supposedly due out sometime this year. There is a Beta going on, but I believe at the moment it's only open to the 'Special People' -- AKA Legends subscribers. No clue as to when Open Beta will begin, but I'll definitely be signing up for it! :)