PGoH pvp events

After my departure from UO 8 months ago, I used to hold a PvP event for guildmates. I'm aware there is alot of new faces so Im gonna repost the rules of the event here, and if I get a good response, we'll take up this event again. Last time we had these events they were real fun and we always had a great turn out. Now, for those of you not into PvP, I ask that you justread the rules. This might actually seem kinda fun for you.

ROE:

1.GM armor only. this isnt necessarily to cut an advantage, but to save insurance money, only insure your jewelry.

2. This is a team event, 2 teams (depending on the turn out) EVENLY split as best as we can. For example, one team wont be ALL warriors and the other team all mages.......We will split up warriors/mages etc. as evenly as possible.

3. One team will wear white robes, other team wears purple robes. Here is the object of the game. First team to successfully capture all opposing team's robes, wins that round. Now that means, you kill someone but have to run off because his team his on you, and they retrieve the robe, now you better get that guy. So its not necessarily a kill that matters, but getting the robes.

4. The rules in the codex about once your dead you are dead for 30 minutes does NOT apply to this event. You can rez your teammates and they can rejoin the fight. BUT READ THIS PART WELL.....If someone has died, more than likely someone else has his robe. This has NEVER happened but just a word of caution. If anyone attempts to rezkill, I'll drop this event in a heartbeat. Like I said it has never happened because we are a guild of honor. I was asked to allow rezzing due to the next point I'll make, but it makes me nervous to have rezzing in this. So remember if someone is being rezzed, more than likely he doesnt have a robe, so NO REZZ KILLING. Now the person rezzed CANNOT enter battle until he has a robe to wear, so use your party messages if your team has retrieved your robe. If it has been captured by the opposing team, that player is out for that round. The player attmepting to ressurect is fair game though, so be fast:)

5. Are tamers allowed to play? Absolutely, with conditions that is. No pet stronger than a unicorn, and only one pet per tamer. This was something I was opposed to until we did it and it was real fun!! Just remember to control your pet once a round has ended. Those with bad karma, them Unis and KiRins love to eat us!!

6. I have a very safe area that is perfect for this that Kodoz and Logan had brought to my attention. Ill get with one of them for a rune there and show you all the spot upon request. Its in trammel of course, T2A I believe little to no spawn, plenty of run room.

7. I used to offer prizes and gold to the winning team, but since my loss of houses, I dont really have anything of worth to offer just yet. But if this becomes a staple in our guild, I will surely get with the leaders and see what we can do. Last time I had donations and such, and the winning team recieved 300k in gold to split, and a 110 PS a piece. Of course since this is a fun event for the guild, the team with less wins recieved a 110 PS a piece also :silly:

8. Post any questions or suggestions here, and let me know if your interested. We held these on Friday nites as an alternative to the crowded dungeons and such, but anytime we can have the most available is great.

I started this event when I realized we had a few members interested in learning PvP basics, but need a safe environment in which to practice. This is NOT dueling, its similar to what you'd encounter in Fellucca PvP, minus the lost insurance, looting, and such. Another point.....when this was popular the last time we held them, artifacts were not spawning properly so only a select few in fellucca had them. I'll allow artifacts and see how it goes, but remember, this is a guild event in trammel, so no need to waste money on insurance. Let me know if your interested!! :angry:

Edited by LukkanMortain