The Silence of war..

Fuddy

At last eve I ventured to the dungeon with some fellow guardians extinguishing all evil that seemed to find its way in our path. The feelings within my stomach began to stir with uneasiness as we have heard nothing of the orc clan.. All was a little to quite.  

As I quaintly interrupted the battle..

"Anything new on the orcs. this eve.?"

Kentaro responded with an agitated, "nay."

And for the rest of the eve. I seemed to be able to focus my strength, my effort unto the evil in the dungeon.

I awoke this morn, with a tempered enjoyment for the sun rising. But in the back of my mind, I knew.. Something was eminent.. some terrible, something deadly...

War?

I quickly shook my head as if I were leaving a fantasy land. I better check the mother city, Trinsic.  For some reason I panicked, and It seemed that no matter what I did, my magic couldn’t get me there fast enough.

As I approached the town center I seemed to relax again If nothing were happening around me.  And with ease I asked the town minter to fetch my deposit box. And I stood where I had stood before, With the same mood, as I had before. RELAXED.

So I decided I had waited enough, It was time to go snuff out the savages and bring justice to them.  As I prepared for the scouting, my pulse and excitement rose almost to a climax.. Before I knew it I was riding to the city gates as fast as I could on my tempered steed.  

I passed a fellow traveler..

"HAIL!" says the stranger...

I paused..

could it be an orc?

could it be something evil?

I suddenly called apon my magic, in dreaded fear and excitement.. As i approached the stranger with caution.. I inspected the young, gentle man..  Who was very well dressed and well mannered.  

Post Inspection Led me to believe this human to be rather harmless and dumbfounded to my extreme speediness to the town gates.

I Turned and continued to the town gate. Without saying a word.  As if, nothing would be ok, until i saw for myself the tameness of the gates.  

I reached the gates rather quickly and found to my comfort a very softly wind blowing, and the hustling of the leaves in the trees.

Just the kind of conformation I was looking for. I began to listen to the wind..and my stomach stirred again.

I must check the other town gate!

I slapped my steed and my horse sped off down the ole, dusty road.   I came to the far east gate, and as i approached i could smell death, and blood.  I could hear the faint cries of some sort of helpless animal... And when I reached the out most stone of the walk, to my dismay I found a dead carcass of an animal.

Who had done this!

And why!

I begin searching frantically, as if it would be easy to find the murder. I quickly searched the area, and found no evidence.. No murder weapon.. And no murder...A death upon this animal was equal to an attack on the mother city itself!

Internal conflict, increased my anger and RAGE, I must find the source of this...

And deep within.. I felt a dirty little orc had been out slaying the animal of our mother city!

That warranted further inspection of the town.

I searched every tavern and inn from one side of the river to the other.. And once again.. everything seemed quite.. for now..

I walked to the tavern almost in anger that i didnt suffice to snuff out a confrontation.. kicked open the weak wooden door, dismounted my steed.. and sipped on ale.. and i reflected apon the eve.

Assault on the creatures in our town, is assault on the emperor himself!  My anger grew as I reflected on the eve’s events.  I stared into my wine cup.. stirred my wine.. sat the cup down.. and fell asleep.. With the confidence that the town was safe......

Little could anyone have forseen the danger, tragedy , and destruction that lay ahead...

-Legionnaire Fuddy