Website Expansion

Borg

Greetings all.....

This is a note to shed light on a subject that many may have already thought and enlighten you all on the future of this website.

Origionally this website came about as a way to communicate and support the PGoH efforts in Ultima Online.  The years that followed brought many members great pride, accomplishments and connections.  These times were not all rosey and ups and downs did occur....new leaders rose to fill the needs and cover the real world requirements (darn things)

"In all things there are struggles"  I once said inside UO and those thing echo in our daily lives ingame and out.

One thing that cannot occur in struggle is to give up....there is no reward, no accomplishment...no fun.  The struggle I saw a couple years ago as the greatest threat to the guild then was the desire for "new" things or challenges.  It still is and is will remain forever the ultimate struggle in all games.  So, what to do....I pushed and brought with me some into the arena of ingame events and we excelled into shard activity and storylines.  We all have our favorite moments and each is separate....but fate changed that option with the end of Seers.  We still continued but as UO itself changed the landscape of gaming was quickly changing.....Everquest success and the emergence of new upcoming games.  

What to do....how do we keep things alive....where do I go....

Those were few of the more telling questions of how members were deeply thinking about thier online gaming participation.

Games will come and go....

friendships will be forever.

That became basis of my efforts....to provide opportunities for my friends and thier friends to have fun in the online gaming world they found each other in and "lived" thier online lives with.  It is a second family in this new age of the internet...some of the friendships are truely real and deeply felt.  

This must be supported as a means for continuation....PGoH must evolve as the online gaming world does...extinction would be giving up the stuggle.

Listening to my oldest and deepest friends I had made...PGoH sought to exist inside the other game engines....EQ and prepare for the DAoC engine.   Ser Brightblade led the efforts in Everquest to find such a home.....Sacred Legion of Tunare.

For months now I have been working with Balandar on the ideas and plans for the website expansion.  Wolf has improved our website graphics and member fun greatly and we have founded the DAoC guild Valhalla Vanguard as a home for our family in the Mystic game engine.

This all may be old news to some....but in this week you will be seeing posts covering the expansion of the website and the subsequent expansion of options for members....for family to explore.

If games do not evolve....they die.

The same thing over and over is not fun.

That is why we have chosen NOT to create the same guild in each game...it will allow variety and ability to fit in concert to the game designers intentions of theme.

One thing though will be consistent.....HONOR.

That will be the thread that binds all game guilds together as a colorful variety of options in the FUN that online gaming has to offer.

We hope to continue to have fun with our friends....our online family.

PLANS

Ultima Online=Purple Guardians of HONOR (PGoH) 10/11/97

Everquest=Sacred Legion of Tunare (SLoT) 8/12/01

Dark Age of Camelot=Valhalla Vanguard (V V) 10/22/01

Blizzards-WarCraft...................2002 (Orc Based)

Shadowbane..........................2002 (????:p???)

Star Wars-Galaxies..................2002 (Empire Based)

Horizons-Empires of Istaria........2003 (Dragons)

Asherons Call.............:smash:?:devil:??

Shards as Homes

Ultima Online=Catskills

Everquest=Innorukk

Dark Age of Camelot=Gawaine

Future games......the first shard alphabetically that starts with "H" will be the plan...if no "H" then I or J or K etc.

This way if you dont know prior or are the first into a game thru beta contacts....we all know where to go to find you.