The Wind Chaser

Most of Tod's nights standing sentry were qiuet and combersome, tonight was not one of those. He walked the ground near the steps, a slow pace he had as he went back and forth. A fimiliar sound, ever quant, but hearable none-the-less...The sound of wind rustling through sails of a ship. The noise grew slightly louder as he looked over to the Port. The lights from the roof of the Authority flashed across the waterfront revealing nothing. Scratching his head he unshceathed his sword and took his position firmly on the steps. It was then a large net fell across him, the wieght and force took him to the ground. As he looked towards the sky he saw a ship above. Much like a sea sailing vessel except for the bottom was completely flat. Upon its side he read the name. "The Wind Chaser" Great ropes flew over its sides and downwards beside him. Men slid down them surrounding him. Tod in such awe of the vessel, couldnt make the screams for help come. The men grabbed him and with a simple jolt from ones sword on his head Tod was unconcious.

Morning light entered the eyes of the fallen guardian as he was surrounded, not by the intruders but, his brothers and sisters of the legion. They helped him to his feet.

"What has happened to ye brother?" The guardians asked.

"You wouldnt believe me" exclaimed Tod.

"Tod, The HONOR Cup is missing", they eplained to him, "We must know what happened.

He began to tell them as they walked into the halls of Olympus.

Edited by Lord Logan

Kaatya returned home, having spent yet another day seeking information which could help the family find the strange airship. Some townsfolk had looked at her quizzically, shaking their heads as they backed away from her. Those in the taverns had demanded coins and then delivered contradictory tales, the stout brew slurring their words and clouding their minds. She knew no more than she had when she started.

The midday calm was disrupted as Lady Ulanie burst through the doors of Sanctuary, in a fine lather. “Kaatya! Where have you been?” Not waiting for an answer, nor barely taking a breath, she plunged ahead. “A most curious man stopped by here earlier today and now the Guardians are gathering in Haven! But not for long!”

Within moments, Kaatya had calmed Ulanie down and listened to the normally reserved blacksmith tell of the morning’s activities.

“A stranger to these parts paid me a visit this morning. I could tell by his manner that he was a gentleman, but he was most mysterious. He told me that he was a well-traveled man of adventure who did not stay in one place overlong. He had come to Novitus Sanctum as he had heard of the Guardian’s recent encounter with an airship. An airship, Kaatya! Can you imagine!”

“Well, he did tell me that he had knowledge of such things but would not reveal it to me for any amount of coin. Being a man of adventure, he did challenge me to show him a thing he had never seen before. And so I told him of a fine statue, twice his size, which looked out to sea. Naturally, he insisted that I show him. And so we set off for Haven together. I was not sure if this was a ruse, but I thought it worth the effort.”

“He seemed most pleased by the statue and recognized the likeness it bore to Helios. He remarked that it was as if the statue was looking to the east to catch the first rays of the morning sun. Long minutes did he spend in his enjoyment of this spot and finally, when I thought I could wait no longer, he agreed to share his knowledge of strange ships of air.”

“Luckily I had dispatched runners earlier and just as he was about to speak, Kodoz arrived and listened with me as the man told his tale.”

“Twas in Lakeshire, the home of a very talented shipwright, that two airships were crafted. I saw their timbers on the docks. Yes, two airships. The ‘Pride of the Sky’ and the ‘Wind Chaser’. These were cleverly made with flat bottoms so that they could land anywhere. When finished, a wizard cast spells upon each. But the magics of the ships corrupted the minds of the crew and they became mad, turning into pirates. Their ships grew heavy with the treasure they seized. They headed off to Montor, for they had heard of the volcanic eruption there and knew the area would be abandoned and a safe place to hide their cargo. They flew their ships over the great mountains near the Lake of Fire, but a colossal wyrm flew up from her nest just below them and destroyed the ‘Pride of the Sky’. The crew of Wind Chaser feared for their own lives and so left the Pride to its own fate. Rumor has it that the captain of the Pride survived and had plans to recover the enormous treasure of his laden ship, but alas, the captain died before he could return to Montor.”

Kaatya, that is all he would tell us. And now Kodoz and Hudson have it in their minds to go to this mountain looking for clues. They did say I would be of little use in such a dangerous place and sent me to find members of the Legion to accompany them.”

"Cheyenne, you must go. My archery was of little use in Montor and I know your magics will be essential this day."

And so it was, that Kodoz, Hudson, Liam de Vance, and Cheyenne set out for the Lake of Fire. The ruins of the once beautiful town were scoured, but no sign of an airship nor its treasure could be found. At Liam's insistence, the search was expanded to the surrounding mountainous area. "We must find this nest! For the greed of wyrms is well known, and tis possible she hoards the treasure."

Four brave souls battled their way through throngs of creatures hell-bent on stopping them. But at last, they found the path that led to a high nest and were immediately set upon by an angry wyrm and her halflings. The Guardians were greatly wounded and pushed back by this onslaught. Kodoz called for the mages to summon a multitude of spirits of swirling blades and powerful energies. Using this tactic, the wyrm was defeated.

"A map! A map!" called out Liam, after a search of the scorched and dented chests in the nest. His elation soon turned to frustration as none of the Guardians gathered were able to decipher it. "Tis indeed written in a strange hand. We MUST find one with the talent to interpret this!"

Edited by Kaatya

The Ancient Orders were given the virtues in thier purest form; The Chalice of HONOR, The Sword of Valor, The Heart of Compassion, The Scales of Justice, The Hand of Honesty, The Ahnk of Spirituality, The Tears of Sacrafice, The Crook of Humilty. These Orders were chosen by the Gods to protect these items. The Guardians were gifted HONOR.

The map taken out of the gullet of the Ancient wyrm lead us deep into the forest of Britannia. Dense jungles closed in around us as we pushed on the directions of the tattered parchment. Suddenly Tortugenial shouted he had found the X, which had marked the location depicted on the map. He began to dig. It was meerly a few moments when the elementals of pioson and blood lurched out at us. The thieves had left quite a trap here guarding thier treasures. The foes were quickly disposed of as the large force of Guardians sailed on them. A large metal chest was found a few feet underground, lugging it out the lock was picked and the spell which protected it broken. More and more creatures came out of seemly nowhere to try and stop the guardians, to no avail. The Herans with thier great beasts pushed them back as the honor line, protected by the music's of the Phantoms, laid the creatures to thier rest.

"Sire a map and a book, and whats this...some sort of artifact" shouted Tortugenial as he pulled them from the chest.

Upon reading the books contents Logan told the other Guardians the situation they faced. It would seem the HONOR Chalice was not the only item stolen. All the others had been taken as well. Each one buried in a seperate location until they could all be retrieved, then they were to be used to break the spell placed on the sailors. Logan placed the first artifact in his pouch, as he looked over the mighty warriors in front of him.

"Seems we have a much larger fight on our hands than expected Guardians", He explained, "I'm sure i dont have to ask if you wish to push on"

Without a word the legion mounted thier beasts and they moved to the next map location. One by one they recovered the items. The traps the pirates had set grew larger and more evil however, it would not slow them down. There remained only one artifact left missing when they reached the 8 map location, The HONOR Chalice. It would not be here either, a lone book was found. With the last Captains log of the Wind Chaser. The Boats had been secretly docking deep inside the great pyramid. It would seem they may still be there. The book had hinted on the Great wizard who performed the spells on the vessels, he would be found there also, Now in an evil beast form.

"The army of the sands" Logan told them as He opened the magic portal, "Be ready Guardians"

Stepping through the gate they were quickly rushed by hundreds of Undead, almost as though they knew we were coming. One by one the would fall at the feet of the unwavering Legion. Pushing thier way through the Undead Knights the could see the masses of the army forming near the stairs to the bottom floor. The line grew tight together as wave after wave flung thierselves on the blades of the guardians.

"Run them through" shouted Logan

It was then on the lower levels a huge cat like figure made his presence felt. Striking at the Legion with its great magic. Bishop bore the brunt of the creatures attack standing his ground until finally knocked unconsious he fell from his horse. The mages quickly revived him then all attention was turned the the wizard. He would not go easy blade after blade struck his flesh spell after spell blasted him. It was with a loud roar he finally fell. Steel gutted the creature, finding our coveted Chalice. Leah then came across the splintered remains of the Chaser. Feeling the job had been finished they removed thierselves from the Pyramid.

The items now recovered, and every member of the legion safe, It was time to return to HQ. Logan left the Guardians to have the healers attend to thier wounds, as he set out to return the other stolen artifacts to thier protectors.

Strength and HONOR!