More Info on Trade Skills

Balandar

Any class or race can try any trade skill. While some tradeskills make more sense for certain classes, you can still try whatever you want as long as you have skill points and find a trainer.

You can also cancel the trade skill and get another one instead if it doesn't work out...

As an example, a spellcaster might take tailoring to make cloth armor while a melee character might take blacksmithing to craft items that they can use. However, either could decide to take the other instead even though it might seem less beneficial to their class.

~Kat :D

Tradeskills are not for all players. Some folks enjoy doing them (me) and some don't (my husband).

You do not have to tradeskill at all to play WoW, it's just one of the many options available to each player.

Although I should add that my husband just started skinning and leatherworking (at my nagging) and he's loving it .. because our tradeskill system isn't a grind, it's actually easy to do and fun.

~Kat :p