The Matrix Going Massively Multiplayer

Balandar

From slashdot.com

Chembro writes "Looks as though Ubi Soft is making a Matrix MMORPG. Everything is still pretty sketchy now that Revolutions has "ended" the series, but so far it seems pretty interesting. I wonder when the game will be placed (i.e. before Revolutions or after) but this could be the way the Wachowski brothers keep the universe going and how it will end. Pretty cool if you ask me."

http://www.thematrixonline.com/

Hmmm, wonder what this will mean? Shadowbane was a complete dud... hope they don't screw matrix up too.

Shadowbane was Wolfpacks dud. Ubi has managed to release a few decent games despite SB's failure.

I watched Matrix: Revulsions, and was only impressed 10 minutes out of the whole movie. Most of which was the costuming in the Frenchman's club.

I expect to see more movie to MMORPG deals in the future. These games will be more short term than the previous games, perhaps lasting only a few years. I'm sure after the sudden rush Greek history from upcoming epics like "Troy" and "Alexander", we'll see at least one online game relating to one of those movies.

Edited by Hothgorn TheBlack