A review on UO......perhaps they speak to soon?

I saw this on stratics.

And another review of UO:LBR. This time Games Domain took a closer look at the game. Games Domain doesn’t seem to give points in their reviews, but the conclusion of it is quite hard:

All said, the purchase of Lord Blackthorn's Revenge is pretty much a love it or leave it situation. The extra content, minimal though it is, will probably be enough to give existing players reason to pick it up. Those unfamiliar with the game, however, will be better off giving it a wide berth and going for a newer RPG, such as EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot or even the much-improved Anarchy Online if a sci-fi romp is in order. Ultima may have been King of the RPGs once, but it has been standing still for too long in a world that moves at a million miles an hour.

I think what they say is correct, that things have been standing still.  However lets remember that just because on the surface things look quiet doesn't mean that below the surface there is a whole world of things ready to errupt.  Lets just hope this is the case here.  May the gods hear our prayers, may new content abound and may seers once again walk the land to add the flare that the quest generators seem to lack.

-BB

I believe changes are happening with UO.  Within the last 6 months alone the scenario content has been simply amazing.  Love them or hate them, it has been alot of new content.  BODs, Savage Items, Orc Items, Arcane Items, Jukans, Now Dragon Scale - tons of new items.   New land areas (Gargoyle).  New craftables.  New rule changes (Certain spells doing more damage, using less reagents, delay in using wands (this was a new one to me).  The list goes on and on.

I can barely stand seeing people post on public message boards about how boring this game is when the dev team has IMO been doing an OUTSTANDING job of giving players new stuff to fool around with.  Sure they aren't 100% but theres always something new to do in UO.

UO is easily the deepest MMORPG I've ever seen.

-LizShue