Phase 3 Housing

Steel DarKnight

Sunsword posted the following on the Stratics Forums:

hope this post finds you all well. Publish 19 seems to be settling down now, although there are a few minor issues to address.

But on to what you really want to know about...housing phase 3! We have made significant adjustments in our approach to make phase 3 happen. We are now planning for it to be released with Publish 20 which is currently in testing. We should have more info on Publish 20's contents and planned date next week.

Moongates and houses. I take personal responsibility for the initial decision and now the about face. After visiting many shards, talking to lots of players, GMs, QA folks, and dev team members, it became clear that our concerns about lag and server performance were not strongly founded. As a result, we decided to give the spots back or let the originals stand. You may blame me directly for the waffling. Our customer service folks cringed a lot this morning when I came in and told them I was reconsidering. Aside from the waffling, I hope this does demonstrate our willingness to listen and make adjustments, although by all rights it shouldn't have been an issue from the outset. As to the house fighting issue, clearly we need to solve this problem in all cases, not just the one raised by having a house near a moongate in Felucca.

Finally, we are still hiring a new lead programmer, server programmer, and lead artist! If you think you've got what it takes, please visit http://www.origin.ea.com/jobs.htm l.. We've gotten hundreds of applications already, but we're still looking!

I hope you have a good weekend and I'll see you in the game!

Anthony Castoro

"SunSword"

Producer, Ultima Online