Raid Rules

Nurlaten

Raid Rules: These will be in effect every guild sponsored raid. These guidelines should be very basic to everyone and most of you already follow them.

1. Starting time: Whenever I post a starting time on the website it is my desire to start fighting then. Please log on or leave current engagements a half hour prior to the raid start and start making your way to the destination. Join the raid channel when it is set up and notify me or the other raid leader that you are attending.

2. Uses of chat channels: In a typical raid you will be using 3 different channels and should adjust to each accordingly.

a. Raid chat channel (/slotraid): This channel will almost always be /slotraid. It will be set up prior to the raid to get everyone on the same page, determine who is coming and to form groups. Once the raid gets going it will usually be abandoned.

b. Raid channel (/rs): This will be used for raid commands (when to move, who is MA, etc), calling of heals, calling of assist and mezzes/ which mob to go after next. This channel should be strictly business, no jokes or idle chat should be going on here.

c. Group channel (/gs) This is where idle chat and jokes should be occurring, get to know the 5 other people on your group a little bit better on every raid.

3. Questions regarding anything: All raids will be posted on the website about a week prior to the raid, asking questions there will get the best response. Approximately an hour before every raid, I will be online and will make a chat channel, if you are coming to the raid or have a question about it, please join the channel and ask. If you have a question during the raid, ask your group leader in group say, if they don’t know the answer, they will ask the raid leader. The information will then be relayed to you. The raid leader shouldn’t get direct tells except from group leaders. If a question is missed in the chat channel (/slotraid), ask a second time, then send a tell. If the leader is so busy that they miss your question in the chat channel, do you expect them to have time for an individual response?

4. Going afk: It is your job to tell your group leader that you are afk. If you do not and the raid forces moves, you are responsible for getting to us, there will be certain raids where we will need to be constantly moving, this will be told ahead of time, and hopefully you can plan afk breaks around it. I know there are emergencies and things out of your control, and we will try to deal with those situations when they occur.

5. Listening: You must listen to your raid leader and group leader. It is impossible to individually tell 30 + people everything to do; it is your job to pay attention. It would help you greatly to customize your ui to allow battle spam in one area and chat in another, this way you won’t miss as many messages.

6. Assisting and breaking mez: If you are seen breaking mez or not assisting you will receive a warning in tells, if this occurs a second time you will be asked to gate out or be sent away by a wizard. We all know how to assist and we all know when to assist.

7. Raid loot policy: This is explained elsewhere.

If you have an opinion of this please post under the general forum post and not this one. Thanks

Archived