Head of State

KhioTong

Greg must have believed that only a person who could wholeheartedly practice and support the values and beliefs behind our codex could become Head of State. This candidate would have to be capable of establishing and maintaining quality relationships within the realm. This candidate would be able to maintain un-faultering impartiality in times of need.

Within the context of this realm, we are all roleplayers.. warriors, mages, tamers, etc. When we decided to join this organization, under any circumstance, we all decided that we could maintain HONOR, even if it was only roleplay. That is what we are here for.. that is why we have become Purple Guardians of Honor.

When Greg, made it clear that I would become his successor, he must have believed that I did possess a quality of character -capable of carrying out those responsibilities. I do believe it to be true. After reviewing the codex, I would like to revisit the following points, quoted directly from the Codex:

I would hope that this would assist those who are in need of assistance.

(1) "As a Judge the Head of State is responsible for the administration of the Codex and it's interpretation in times of violation by any member found to be in suspect of such."

I interpret this in that, when a violation of the Codex is charged, it would be my responsibility to advise those parties who would seek knowledge about, and up to including the defense and interpretation of the Codex.

(2) "Any disruption in civility between two citizens within the Empire of the Purple Guardians of HONOR is the sole responsibility of the Head of State."

I interpret this in that, when there is a dispute of magnitude within the empire, it would be my responsibility to settle this dispute to the liking of both parties, within the confines and practices of the Codex.

(3) "In matters of judicial hearing a decision is made by the Head of State, sentence is issued by Quaestor Palatti, and carried out by the Praetorians."

I interpret this in that, when there is a dispute that cannot be resolved regularly and a trial is petitioned, it would be my responsibility to make sure that the codex is adherred to and followed.

(4) "Emperor Borg holds court within the throne room of the Castle of Olympus every Tuesday night at 11 o'clock by the Eastern Skies."

I interpret this in that, a council meeting should take place weekly, tuesday nights at 11pm EST.

I may not be the most intelligent person or the most seasoned adventurer, but I do know that I believe in what the codex stands for, and I would hope that others do share this belief as well, so let it be known.