Stoicism

Krislor

There has been some confusion about this quest. I have yet to see a drunken sailor so I am wondering if the pirate is what I need. I assumed it was an actual mob named a drunken sailor. Well anyway here is the quest for the Shamans out there.

The quest begins in The Gulf of Gunthak. Talk to An Impassive Sea Spirit located about (pos)600, (neg)300 under a broken ship hull.

"You say, 'Hail, an impassive sea spirit'"

"An impassive sea spirit sways back and forth, rocking with the gentle motions of the tide. You are nearly mesmerized by its periodic fluctuation, when it suddenly speaks, 'I watch you as you watch me, and I wonder. Do you realize how to become empty of wishes, of dreams, of hope and sorrow? What do you know, strange one, about the virtue of null emotion? Do you understand how to be as unwavering as the ocean itself? Can you envision yourself as the pebble in the river? Can you mute feeling? Do you [dare to learn]?'"

"You say, 'I dare to learn.'"

"An impassive sea spirit says, 'We will see, Dreamhunter, we will see. If you are a willing pupil then demonstrate that you have begun to comprehend. Bring me something empty that previously numbed feeling and therefore brought emptiness to its possessor. You should not have to travel far.'"

Go to Dulak's Harbor. In the first row of houses to the right as you enter the zone, a Drunken Pirate spawns. Singling him out may be a little difficult. What I did is I went behind the second and third house, in the little growe in the wall and pulled there. The street infront the houses is patroled and the mobs will add if you pull as the patrolman passes. The best way to do it is to forget the pet, invisible yourself, find a drunken pirate in one of the houses, target him, go outside and cast a spell - yes you can cast through a wall here.

The item that you need to get from the pirate is:

Empty Flask

LORE ITEM NO DROP

Wt: 0.5 Size: MEDIUM

Class: SHM

Race: None

Identifies as: Item Lore: Smells faintly of Rum.

The pirates also drop a "Broken Bottle" which is not the one that you need (identifies as: Item Lore: Smells of wine.)

Once you acquired the empty flask, return to the impassive sea spirit in Gunthak. Make sure that you have an empty slot in your inventory, since the item that he gives you upon turning the empty bottle in will not fit in any container.

Handing him the empty flask results with:

"An impassive sea spirit says, 'Well done, strange one. Your perception is admirable.' The spirit hands you an incredibly heavy rock. 'Can you, Dreamhunter, be as [impassive as the sea]?'"

(You get)

A Large Rock

LORE ITEM NO DROP

Wt: 25.4 Size: GIANT

Class: SHM

Identifies as: Item Lore: A Large Rock.

"You say, 'I can be as impassive as the sea.'"

"An impassive sea spirit removes his gaze from the ocean and looks at you, 'Perhaps you can be, but I require proof. If you can defeat the smallest elements of the ocean I shall reward you. Hand me their essences and I shall know you have completed the task. When you are ready to challenge them hand me back that rock.'"

Handing him the rock back will spawn Flotsam and Jetsam, a sea elementals, which conned light blue at level 50, but hit hard close to a 100 points of damage. They spawn near the entrance to the hull and you need to kill them and loot their drops.

"An impassive sea spirit melds with the murky ocean water, and two elements of the sea appear."

Flotsam drops:

Small Piece of Flotsam

LORE ITEM NO DROP

Wt: 0.5 Size: TINY

Class: MAG

Identifies as: Item Lore: Small Piece of Flotsam

Jetsam drops:

Small Piece of Jetsam

LORE ITEM NO DROP

Wt: 0.5 Size: TINY

Class: MAG

Identifies as: Item Lore: Small Piece of Jetsam

Handing the two pieces to the impassive spirit results with:

"Now you comprehend. This is the way things are, and the way they have always been. Your acceptance of these truths proves your worthiness."

You get the scroll: Spell: Stoicism

Reward(s):

Spell: Stoicism

I completed the quest the other day, thanks to some wonderful company. My thanks go to Reb and Synth, inhabitants of Dulak. The pirate was the correct spawn. I soloed about four before they showed up and the first one had the empty flask.

One thing about the quest though, the loc is wrong I think. I did not do a loc when I was the correct spot but for those not familer with using the /loc here is some help.

A more accurate location of the sunken overturned boat not ship is straight off the lighthouse, right at the first cliff wall corner in the water. Plus once you do the turn in and the two water elementals spawn, they don't aggro on you. Even after you choose a target and commence the attack, the other will not come to the others aid.

Hope this additional info helps

"This message was edited for spelling errors"

LOL Krislor, You forgot to mention that the HARDEST part of the entire quest was finding the stupid ship with the water elemental... :) We must have run all over Gunthak for a good half hour before Krislor found it.... :) Rebma was sending tells to lvl 65 shammies and Kris was talking to others also I believe. As he said though The two water elementals that spawned were down right Easy to take out... :) Be safe and if ya need help Rebma and I (as Krislor so wisely put it) "inhabitants of Dulak" Will more than happily help it was a cake quest but fun.... :)

Synthania

51 Wizard

and man exp is slow now that AA exp has kicked in. WHO WANTS A PLANES GROUP? LOL

Archived