Magelo Profiles

Nurlaten

Magelo profiles are a wonderful tool and it would be ideal if everyone could put their magelo in their signature. Since this has been promoted before and not many have created one, or updated their sig, i'll try again.

http://www.magelo.com

Walkthrough

I'm having problems with the site, how do I fix them? (from the magelo website)

7 times out of 10 it's IE's cache at fault. Simply clear your cache and try again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO CLEAR IE'S CACHE

Click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options. Click Delete Files then OK. That's it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure you're using IE 6, Mozilla 1 or Netscape 7. Opera 7 reportedly works, too. But other browsers simply don't cut the mustard (yet).

Next, if using IE, then be sure to read Jelan's post on IE 6 Settings.

If you continue to have problems with the site or Magelo Update then please read the Magelo Troubleshooting Guide

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting links in your sig:

Text you want the link to look like

Example using XXX as URL (or it will just create the link)

[XXX=http://www.magelo.com]Magelo main page[/XXX]

Hopefully we can all take a few minutes and create a magelo account, this will help the officers with planning raids for gear and distributing guild bank items.

Here's mine! I downloaded the tool that runs in the background while you play EQ, which magically tells me everything that's on me as well as in my bank. It's nice for those of us who are too lazy to write our things down :D Another cool thing is that you can create a "wishlist" profile along with your real one, which could help the guild know what upgrades you'd like down the line.

Ok now that you have teased us all with this little bit of information..... Where did you download this incredibley useful little tool so that those of use that are also too lazy to write these things down can download it too? :D

Synthania

49 is right around the corner

How to use magelo updater, thing alta uses, is on the walkthrough website, (this site was originally in french and the translations take a little guess work at times, but it's a good outline of magelo's features).

go to www.magelo.com and then click on Magelo Update and download that little program. You can either view the information on the program itself or if you close it it can be viewed in notepad form. I haven't downloaded the latest version yet, so that one may be a little different.

If you become a premium member of Magelo, it is even easier. The Magelo updater will create and syncronize your profiles for you. For $12 per year you can maintain the profiles of three different accounts. (More accounts are extra.)

It will enter all your skills, spells, gear, inventory and bank inventory. You can choose to hide your stuff and your cash. You can make profiles that only YOU can look at.

It will auto syncronize in the bazaar, so you can leave your mule in the bazaar and check on your sales from away (like work or a friends house or even the library :D ).

Remember, when you are creating your own profile that Magelo needs you to enter your defense, offense and weapons skills in order to calculate your AC and ATK. It is usually pretty close, but if it is not you can add a modifier to Magelo's numbers to correct it.

Archived