The Awakening

Nestled deep within a jungle lost to time sits a mausoleum, small but sturdy in appearance. Up and down its walls crawl vicious kudzu, trying to work their way between the most subtle faults in the buildings craftsmanship. Within sits five tombs, each with simple decorations and beautiful sculpting etched along the surface and lids. Nothing moves here in this sealed place of rest, and in the eyes of many noting shall ever move here again. Yet something begins to happen. At first it is subtle, no movement or sound simply the occurrence that life is present once again.

And then, deep within the central sarcophagi comes forth a low but steady moan. It seems as though the lungs that produce the sound know no quantity to air, and instead of slowly tapering off the moan grows louder, then develops into a voice.

The thumping would have been quite quiet anywhere else, but in this place it seemed to shake the walls. Steadily it continued, growing ever louder and coming in rapid succession. Suddenly the central sarcophagi was shaking as though the armies of hell where trying to escape it, but then it stopped. For endless minutes the quiet seemed to have returned and come to stay, as though the event had never occurred.

Then the burial Vault shattered… Covered in dust and shards of marble was Triston Lioness, Lord of Lioness Keep and Lancer of Honor. His chain mail armor made the sounds of an ocean of steel as he shook the debris free of himself and his long dark hair, and he seemed to shield his eyes in the very dim torchlight. He shook his head as though to remove the blast of the explosion from his inner mind, then looked about. It took him a matter of moments to find what he was looking for, and lifting the large war hammer from his coffin, he raised it to his shoulder and walked to the sarcophagi next to his.

“Sorry to wake you cousin, but it is a little pressing…” With that he brought down his hammer in an arc of green metal and arcane energy, fully shattering the lid.

“It is about time, I thought you would never wake up and get me out of this spider ridden daemon’s den.”

“Your very welcome. It would seem that the guardians are in a bit of a bind with the Army of the Sands, and either way it was growing dull here.” Triston said with a grin. He then suddenly went ashen pail and seemed to be looking towards the ceiling to find something that was not there. He quickly tossed the hammer to Arms and began striding towards the door.

“Wake the others, its far worse then I thought. Meet back at Lioness Keep and arm the family, were going to war…” He said, turning at the door to take one more look at his cousin who was far from a warrior but an expert at warfare.

“But where are you going in such a hurry, help me get them out!” He exclaimed.

“One of our brethren is wounded and fighting a dangerous foe, I must be off…”