an encounter

Winter Wind

As I sat upon the steps of my home pondering the retirement of Wolf and the results of my actions. I felt a cold wind blow.I heard hoofsteps coming through the forest and felt a chill run up my spine.

A rider dressed in black emerged from the trees carrying a well used staff with dried blood stains upon it and his armour.

He brought his steed to a hault before me and looked down upon me.

"You are the one called Winter Wind. A memeber of the so-called Honor Empire. You know nothing of Honor."

His words angered me. I felt doubt creep into my mind and soul.

"Honor is why I am here. One of my brothers has gone astray. The master is not pleased. I am risking my own soul by talking to one as wretched as you. My bond of honor to my brother is why I am here."

I had no idea what this dark rider spoke of. What I did know is that his tone and voice pointed to dire consquences.

"You will tell the traitor that death comes for him. His soul is sacrifice if he does not return to his true home."

Before I could respond the dark rider lashed out with his staff and struck me along the right side of my head.

As the darkness filled my vision I heard one final thing before the world went black.

"The traitor will be made to suffer. He comes soon. Soon all will see the wrath of........"